• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cell phone sales

Marco

First time for storefront door graphics. Any thoughts / critique on this is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 141

Craig Sjoquist

way wordy no one wants to read a book, dump all the brand name & logos

all ya need is.... check cashing...maybe money orders..,,bill payments.... did I see unlock phones

Marco

Thank you for your comment. The text is per client's request; not much I can do there. Client requested each individual logo as we'll. Most want the entire glass filled with text. I did another version of this prior to viewing your comment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 118

Marlene

the one on the right looks better. I hated the slanted letters rotated as they looked off. much better to just rotate. like the dotted background being the break lien between copy, that looks nice and makes it easier to read

Mosh

Educate your customer....Looks like you are pulling out every photoshop effect in the book. TOO BUSY...TOO WORDY.....

Marco

Thank you both, I look forward to making changes later this evening. Mosh is actually every effect on Corel 7 :smile:

Marlene

just noticed this. if you use both the phone logos and wording, make sure the logo is next to the correct wording as it looks strange and really off to have the wrong logo next to the wording. can you use just the list of phone companies or jut the logos? it would be better

jfiscus

Rap Master
I may be completely wrong in your case, but around here the customer wouldn't care about the "flow" of the design; they would want it as gawdy as possible and wouldn't even care (or know) if things were misspelled...:covereyes:

Craig Sjoquist

Here is a ad I did on 2 stores, one store they took it down after being up about 4 weeks.

Less then 1 week later they call me asking for the same ad same way & how fast because it worked so well they wanted it up now, which I re-did next day, happy customer indeed.

Note how little copy is.

Attachments

• june 7 14 043.JPG
    june 7 14 043.JPG
    324.4 KB · Views: 88
  • june 7 14 055.JPG
    june 7 14 055.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 86
  • july 12 14 013.JPG
    july 12 14 013.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 103

Marlene

the first on of the last idea looks OK. it is hard as there are way too many concepts. you have check cashing, bill paying, etc and then cell phones. does this all have to be on the same sign? there is no connection between the phones and the rest, maybe have one sign that has the other stuff and then the cell phone info? it kind of is like a restaurant sign with saw sharping, tooth pulling and a daycare, trying to make it all look cohesive.

Marco

Both of you guys are great. I love that sign Doc. Thank you Marlene I will meet with client later today and respond. Thanks again.

Craig Sjoquist

I asked the same question ? ...we sell unlock phones VS we sell unlocked phones .... customer wanted unlock .. at $75 per hour in 2 hours finish cash in hand I do not argue

shoresigns

The text is per client's request; not much I can do there.
In other words, you're too lazy to do your job, which is give them a good design and justify any decisions you've made that are contrary to their instructions. If your customer is sitting in the director's chair making bad decisions and you're allowing it to happen, then you are not a competent graphic designer.