• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET USERS Talk to Me.

Outputtech75a

Hi all,
Could i get a basic review of the 10' plus roll to roll and flatbed printers from CET?
How would you rate theses printers? Are they worth the cheaper price?

GraphicsSource

Hi!

We run a '11 model of a CET 500h hybrid flatbed printer that we've had for about 3 years. Overall it's done quite well for the price. Ours has the Spectra heads so we've had to replace most of them over time. If you're at all familiar with the mechanics of a flatbed it's quite easy to work on and replace parts as well which is good as it's getting harder and harder to find a good technician. The quality is quite good if you run it in the highest setting, production mode is perfectly fine for raster images and cheap coro/banner signs. It's like any machine and has its quirks but if you're looking for a good entry level machine I would suggest it.

We actually run Polymeric branded inks in ours as they're much cheaper and perform very well. I would definitely recommend finding a good aftermarket ink supplier.

Let me know if you had any questions!

davecich

Hi all,
Could i get a basic review of the 10' plus roll to roll and flatbed printers from CET?
How would you rate theses printers? Are they worth the cheaper price?

Sir,
They are a good printer. I have a 2 year old unit that is practically brand new. message me if interested.

ChrisN

We have the Q5-1000 (5x10 flatbed). When we bought it nearly 2 years ago, there wasn't really anything that competed with it in price vs features. Things have changed slightly since then, but it's still a good printer for the money.

bigben

We have the Q5-1000 (5x10 flatbed). When we bought it nearly 2 years ago, there wasn't really anything that competed with it in price vs features. Things have changed slightly since then, but it's still a good printer for the money.

I'm looking into the Q5-1000 fix table. There is a new option with LED light cumming up. Actually, it is between the Q5-1000 and the vanguard VK300D that is comparable.

I would look elsewhere.

Can you elaborate?

Graphics95

Gentlemen,

Although this thread is several months old, I thought I would put my 2 cents in.

We have been running a CET 500 X-press 4'x8' flatbed (not hybrid) CMYKlclmW since late 2012. Spectra heads.
Overall, we have been very pleased with the machine. It is a work horse. Still all original heads. We should replace lc, but for our daily work it is not urgent.

This CET was our first flatbed, however - we have been in business almost 30 years and we have purchased many, many pieces of equipment over the years.
It was printing like a trooper when I left on Friday, and I have no doubt that it will be printing when I arrive Monday morning.
We have had our share of ups and downs with it ... but certainly no more than any of our other machines.
With the possible exception of our good old Gerber Edge, which might put the WH in work horse.
Many of OUR ups and downs, with the clarity of hindsight, were self inflicted.

It appears there are some muddy waters about "who is who", and "what is what" involving CET and Vanguard.

I would just like to say, for the record, that whoever built the machine that was on the market in late 2012 did a fine job, in our humble opinion, for whatever that is worth.

Graphics95

nate

It appears there are some muddy waters about "who is who", and "what is what" involving CET and Vanguard.

Not really. Dave Cich, owner of vanguard was the person in charge and a part owner of cet until he left and started vanguard.

Pretty simple.

Mdeleo3754

Production Manager
We have had a CET q500 4x8 flatbed CMYK+W printer for about 3 years now. Overall, I would say it's a good machine, but there are issues with it that are very annoying. The machine uses cheap parts (air and ink pumps mostly) that fail at a pretty regular rate. the pumps are very expensive to replace (they are basically $20 air pumps, but you have to buy them thru a CET distributor for $400 each or it voids your warranty) the same with the in line filters, they are $10 filters,m but you have to buy them for $65 thru CET distributor. In the 3 years we have had ours, I would say we put about $4000 worth of parts into it.