• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CG-130 SR2 strange vibration problem when cutting. Please help!

jimmmi

Hello i need help with my CG-130 SR2. When the cutter cuts right to left everything is ok. When cuts left to right it make a strange vibration to the carriage holder where blade holder fits resulting to zig zag cut. I attached a link of a video. I hope someone can help

https://streamable.com/yn4qnh

Last edited:

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Check to see if there is any play in the cut carriage. I recently fixed a cutter that was cutting horribly and it was simply the guide roller mechanism on the top having some play. Snugged it up and it was cutting perfectly. I would also clean the guide rollers and guide tracks, as a maintenance item.

jimmmi

Check to see if there is any play in the cut carriage. I recently fixed a cutter that was cutting horribly and it was simply the guide roller mechanism on the top having some play. Snugged it up and it was cutting perfectly. I would also clean the guide rollers and guide tracks, as a maintenance item.
I checked the carriage and doesn't seem to have any play. Do I need to lubricate the carriage rollers and the aluminium where they roll? Its dry now

jimmmi

Finally discovered that with 30 degrees blade cuts nice. If i put 45 degrees makes vibration and cuts ugly. If i out 60 degrees cuts like shit. Basically doesn't cut at all left to right. Right to left perfectly. So strange. Its like when pulling (right to left)cuts nice, when pushing (lwft to right) makes problem

jimmmi

I already checked it. Its good as new. Also put extra teflon on it for test and same happened. So its not from the strip

poster

Your problem is solved? Because I have exactly the same problem. Please help...

Last edited: