• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Change Pinch Rollers

Bryannan1985

I am new to all of this so please bare with me. I have a Roland VersaCamm Vs-640. Bought used. I need to change the pinch rollers- far left and right. I can get the middle rollers out. The 2 I cannot not out are the ones I need to change. They have blue on them where as the ones I can get out do not. I understand how to change the roller itself but I am lost on how to do it on the 2 I cannot get out of the machine. I have included a photo of what I am asking about. Any help?? Thanks!!!
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1780.JPG
    IMG_1780.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 1,336

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
I don't recall them being difficult. Just remove small C washers (without dropping them) and pull the riding pins no? Just be patient.

Ragnabrok

replacing the wheels on the outside 2 rollers are easy, pop the c clamp, take out the pin, and switch. Take note they are tapered, and have a dot from a marker indicating the side that faces away from the center.

Changing the whole arm is a chore. you have to partially remove the square bar the rollers arms ride on, and slide them off.

Nat

Just to be sure that you are aware that there are 2 different type of rollers on that printer. There is a Left and a right and all the others are middle or inner rollers. the left and the right pinch rollers have tapered wheels on them while the inner ones are not tapered. if you get them mixed up or backwards your gonna have some major tracking issues.

Morkel

I don't recall them being difficult. Just remove small C washers (without dropping them) and pull the riding pins no? Just be patient.

Sounds like he wants to pull the whole assembly out. But you might be right - if he's only needing to change the rollers themselves he doesn't need to take the assembly out to do so.