• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing opacity of a pic in X3

PGSigns

I am working on a banner design and doing it in X3. I have a pic I want to use as the background and want to change the opacity. I looked everywhere and can not find how to do it using X3. I ended up doing it in photoshop to get through the design but there has to be a way to get it done in X3. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Jimmy

Rodan68

If you want the background lighter you can add a transparency lens on top of the image. If you want the background to show through something behind it use the interactive tranparency tool on the tool bar. From there you can apply gradient transparencies as well as uniform transparencies to your image. You can also use this tool to lighten the background as long as there is white behind the image.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
then go into Image Adjustment Lab.

That won't allow you to change its transparency.

Do this...

Select the object to be make transparent.

On the Effects tool bar flyout select the Interactive Transparency tool. It's the wineglass looking thing.

Put the cursor on one side of the object and drag to the other side. This should leave you with a gradient transparency.

Change it to a uniform transparency by selecting 'Uniform' in the first drop down in the properties bar.

Select the percent transparent by either moving the slider or entering a value in the text box in the properties bar.

There you are. You also can apply a transparent lens to a vector object as well, but his method works with either a bitmap or a vector object.

PGSigns

Thanks I knew it was there just could not find it and was not having any luck with the manual. Been getting better at Corel since I got this printer and learning something new everyday, just not enough days in the week.
Jimmy
:thankyou: