• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Channel Letter Trim Cap Size HELP

delriosigns

I have always used 1 inch trim cap, but just started using 3/4 inch trim cap on some jobs. 3/4 inch is much easier to handle, but I worry about the longevity of it. Has anyone had any long term issues when using 3/4 inch trim cap?

MikePro

only issue I see is that your screw may be closer to the face and create a shadow...if anything.
still the same stuff and the extra 1/4" of material doesnt extend the life of the other 3/4".

2" trim cap exists for a reason, but I'm pretty sure its just for aestetics on large/deep letters.

delriosigns

only issue I see is that your screw may be closer to the face and create a shadow...if anything.
still the same stuff and the extra 1/4" of material doesnt extend the life of the other 3/4".

2" trim cap exists for a reason, but I'm pretty sure its just for aestetics on large/deep letters.
Thanks for your input!