• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheap Bulk Stickers - 100 Stickers for $7 ??

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
And like Amazon, those house brands are mercilessly squeezing out national brands.
I ordered some photography lighting stands from amazon without paying much attention - when I got them they were "Amazon Basics" brand I thought if they're shoving their way into something as niche as lighting stands—everybody's fucked.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I ordered some photography lighting stands from amazon without paying much attention - when I got them they were "Amazon Basics" brand I thought if they're shoving their way into something as niche as lighting stands—everybody's ****ed.
It's deeper than we all realize.

JB

JamesLam

Hey Guys,
Been seeing this alot on Amazon, Facebook, Etsy - Packages of 2.5" - 3" Stickers Ranging in package sizes of 100 - 800 for under $12 on Amazon Prime Most are $6-7 Per Package.

One Company offers 300 Stickers at $11.89 per pack - Minus Amazon Fees They net $7.11 / 300 = $.0237 Per Sticker

What Equipment is China running to make this possible. I know they make stuff cheap but this just seems like they are losing money.
I did a few test buys and they were stickers, waterproof & decent, not amazing but It was hard to complain for the price.

Ive had a few local customer's bring this up & not order because there is a huge variety of cheap stickers & decals on Amazon with Same day shipping.
Seems like China is just slowly eating away at another one of our revenue sources.
So the US gov puts tariffs on Canadian softwood imports but can't find a way to tackle the billions of dollars worth of junk that come into the US each year. Canada is riding the same wagon as we export only a fraction of what we import from China. We're making ourselves broke so the likes of Bezos can fly around in his rocket ship or Musk can smoke a dube on the Joe Rogan show. WTH? Stop buying this shite people.

JamesLam

So the US gov puts tariffs on Canadian softwood imports but can't find a way to tackle the billions of dollars worth of junk that come into the US each year. Canada is riding the same wagon as we export only a fraction of what we import from China. We're making ourselves broke so the likes of Bezos can fly around in his rocket ship or Musk can smoke a dube on the Joe Rogan show. WTH? Stop buying this shite people.
I propose an Amazon, Ebay, Alibaba, Etsy, etc. free year. There is absolutely nothing sold on these platforms that we can not live without.

ChicagoGraphics

Who cares......................................................................

I eat chinese food, but they tell me the chinese over there, don't eat anything that even resembles the sh!t made in this country. So, is it chinese or american food ?? Yes, I don't know.
Chinese food in the US is made for American taste as the Chinese food in China are not sweet and or smotherd in brown sauce and dont have a lot of the dishes that are sold in the US

GC Decor

Super Printer
After talking to several rep I have figured it out. The companies in question are running these stickers on digital roll presses - Like the ones for labels & They are using Lasers to cutout the stickers at high speeds.
Had a demo done & the stickers could be printed and laminate & cut extremely fast. Once cut they could even get automatically bagged with the proper addons and sensors, 15,000 circle stickers cutouts per hour.

ikarasu

I bought a pack once just to see the quality.

They were definately perf cut... You could see the frayed edges. With the laser cutting you can usually see a slight burn mark.

Labor in china is cheap .. were talking under a buck an hour. You can buy a roll of vinyl from china for $20 - so imagine how much it must cost them to make a roll ... When you pay $20 a roll, get ink for pennies a gallon, and labor is $1 an hour you can afford to sell 100 sti kers for $1. Heck .. you can buy a 72" solvent printer for under 1k in china. So they can buy 20 printers and run 20 rolls at on e for cheaper than you can run one roll on one printer.

Same with cutters... They're not running graphtecs, they're running cheap $200 cutters.

You can't compete with China price wise... Unless you're in a third world country and have cheap labor.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
I bought a pack once just to see the quality.

They were definately perf cut... You could see the frayed edges. With the laser cutting you can usually see a slight burn mark.

Labor in china is cheap .. were talking under a buck an hour. You can buy a roll of vinyl from china for $20 - so imagine how much it must cost them to make a roll ... When you pay $20 a roll, get ink for pennies a gallon, and labor is $1 an hour you can afford to sell 100 sti kers for $1. Heck .. you can buy a 72" solvent printer for under 1k in china. So they can buy 20 printers and run 20 rolls at on e for cheaper than you can run one roll on one printer.

Same with cutters... They're not running graphtecs, they're running cheap $200 cutters.

You can't compete with China price wise... Unless you're in a third world country and have cheap labor.
the chinese are not PAYING $20/roll
thats what they will sell to us, after markup