• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheap Bulk Stickers - 100 Stickers for $7 ??

ChicagoGraphics

most chinese printers that I see have epson heads. Most of the parts and even many of the printers are 100% made in China. Just like any foreign made good, you are going to have a hard time getting parts if they do not have a presence in the country where you are using it. The mimaki is made in China, right down to their shitty translations in the menus and service manuals. I don't disagree that there is a cost to product support but we still get boned on pricing even when you compare large markets with equal support. With construction equipment, you can get better pricing on machines that go to different areas like some African countries, same machine, made in the USA and shipped there. The manufacturers try hard to not let it happen and you can lose your dealer franchise over selling out of market but it happens. You see these gray market machines, brand new, at just about every major auction. It's big business.
Mimaki are made in Japan not China

weyandsign

Well we use $500 printers and get charged $15k for them. We use $50 rolls of vinyl and pay $600. $20 ink, $200 here. Application tables are $20k+ when you can buy one there for under $5k. Labor costs are not the big factor when things are automated. We are just getting hosed, it's like corporate communism. 3m sets their retail prices, not the retailers. How is that legal? We pay some of the highest prices in the world for the same goods that others get for way less.
We also fund other countries with our tax money, from our paychecks, that we worked for. Who's the real slaves?

Johnny Best

I remember years ago at sign shows when printers first were coming out. You would see 10 chinese guys taking pics of every angle of the printers. Then a couple years later at a sign show you would see a printer being sold with chinamen standing around selling them. Don't know if it was the same guys, they all look the same.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
No they are not, my roll to roll was from Japan, after all Mimaki is a Japanese co.
Ok
PXL_20220906_150634866.jpg

Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I remember years ago at sign shows when printers first were coming out. You would see 10 chinese guys taking pics of every angle of the printers. Then a couple years later at a sign show you would see a printer being sold with chinamen standing around selling them. Don't know if it was the same guys, they all look the same.
I was at a big HVAC trade show in Dallas and in the middle of the show, they kicked out a pretty large Chinese exhibitor that had marine A/Cs. Apparently, the company that owned the patent (I think Cruiseair) and the engineer that designed it were also at the show, saw their copied units and complained. They had a full on security response remove the people. Many exhibitors were complaining about the Chinese taking pictures, some of them would run them off.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mimaki usually develops the printer in Japan and once they figure out all the kinks, they move production to China. You can have two identical Mimaki printers in your shop and one could be from China and the other from Japan.

Lucid

If you think of everything coming out of China as esentially being "stolen" (patent/IP theft, copyright infringements, slave labor, government subsized shipping, no industrial standards compliance, etc...), you realize that you don't have to sell stolen items for very much to make a profit.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Who cares......................................................................

I eat chinese food, but they tell me the chinese over there, don't eat anything that even resembles the sh!t made in this country. So, is it chinese or american food ?? Yes, I don't know.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Who cares......................................................................

I eat chinese food, but they tell me the chinese over there, don't eat anything that even resembles the sh!t made in this country. So, is it chinese or american food ?? Yes, I don't know.
I don't eat it here or there or anywhere so I can't answer that!

Stacey K

I like making signs
So, do you like thai, japanese, vietnamese, korean or any others ??
We had a Vietnamese restaurant near my dads business when I was little kid and it got shut down for having some kind of animal carcass clogging the basement drains. I once had chicken stir fry with work people because I had to, nothing else LOL

I'm more of a Mexican food lover. I will eat Mexican food from any random restaurant or food truck regardless of if it's clean or not. It's so delicious!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know what...... I think I'm gonna start a food thread of some sorts, when I get back from my errands today.

Stay tuned...........................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Me either.........................

Just came from an oktoberfest party a customer was holding. All kindsa schnitzel, kraut, pretzels, wursts and beer. Am I ever full.