• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheap Customers !

Pat Whatley

why don't you make a sign or some thing or is that above your paygrade. your the shit!!!!!! I'm shur there is no other person in the world that is more qualified than you. you are a sign maker extrodonair i'm shur. some of us have been in the biz for decades . I guess some people like you just know it all from birth and think your the shit. find some thing better to do with your time like make a sign or install some thing. don't just talk shit to every one on a chat line. some people on this site have forgot more about making signs than you will ever know. but keep pumping yourself up. some one will believe your B.S. you D.S. you never have any good advise just smart ass comments. which leads me to believe that you don't know Jack. you should find some thing your good at, like Gay phone sex or some thing. GET A LIFE

Man, I'd sure work on those grammar skills before you try to sound intelligent again. :ROFLMAO:

Techman just provided good information.

Ron, like everybody else said, give them a price for installing it right and explain to them why you have to install it that way. If the price to do it right is too high for them it's up to them to come up with a solution. That usually means they install them on their own. At least tell them that Liquid Nails is the wrong material if they're just trying to glue it up there. Liquid Nails doesn't flex and will pop off as the acrylic expands and contracts. Silicone 1 will at least offer a little flexibility (though still not the recommended mounting method)

Last edited:

andy

why don't you make a sign or some thing or is that above your paygrade. your the shit!!!!!! I'm shur there is no other person in the world that is more qualified than you. you are a sign maker extrodonair i'm shur. some of us have been in the biz for decades . I guess some people like you just know it all from birth and think your the shit. find some thing better to do with your time like make a sign or install some thing. don't just talk shit to every one on a chat line. some people on this site have forgot more about making signs than you will ever know. but keep pumping yourself up. some one will believe your B.S. you D.S. you never have any good advise just smart ass comments. which leads me to believe that you don't know Jack. you should find some thing your good at, like Gay phone sex or some thing. GET A LIFE

For God's sake man.

If you are going to start a fight with Techman over who is more "professional" would you PLEASE learn the following;

How to spell. The words you are butchering are "sure" and "extraordinaire".
How to chose the right words for the context you are trying to imply.
How to use apostrophes.
When to use a comma instead of a full stop.

If you really are an experienced sign maker with many years experience I'm struggling to understand why your language skills are so shocking?!

Techman has impeccable writing skills BTW.

Pat, you beat me to it :)

B Snyder

How old are you signman2010?

ronl1975

geeses,

Are you a professional or not? Find out how to install it right or get out of the bizz. If you have to ask you are working way above your pay grade.

Your right.. I blame the rum for asking such a silly question.. I feel like A** this mornin.. Know where I can find an advil or something ?

JR's

Just because a sign person is a bad speller or not so good with grammar doesn't make him a bad sign person it makes him a person that is not good with spelling or grammar.

Just because you're a smart as$ doesn't make you a good sign painter either it just means you're a smart as$.

I can see an answer like this coming from Mosh. :)
An acrylic panel needs to be in a frame so it can expand and contract.
Just putting it on the wall with LN is not going to work because when it warms up the plastic it going to expand, tearing loose from the glue. Screwing it will only cause it to buckle. Either sell them on an aluminum, max-metal or alumalite sign or sell them an aluminum retainer frame to slide the plastic into. Or just let them install it themselves.
people don't know, you need to educate them.
:thumb: :thumb:

Techman

why don't you make a sign or some thing or is that above your paygrade. blah Blah Blah .

No I am fed up with working behind some jack leg trying to fix his liquid nails install, (Yes it has happened here) while listening to a client try to beat down the price because he (the client) thinks every one else is a moron because of above said jack leg install.

Or how about bidding a job to replace the curling calendared vinyl on a back lit installed just last summer by a jack leg and listening to the client complain the price was high and now wants to know why it is costing him 5 times as before. All the while trying to avoid getting roped into another deposition when the client sues that last low baller who ripped him off using jack leg techniques.

Oh, yes maybe I should define a jack leg.
He is the mechanic working on a vehicle while it is held up on a bumper jack. Thus jack leg.

How about this one..
Jack leg... not properly trained or qualified; incompetent; makeshift. unprofessional, etc..

The chickens are coming home to roost and crap all over everything. People are balking to pay full price because they just feel in the back of their mind they might be getting second rate work and getting ripped off. The answer? Refuse to even consider doing what the customer wants if his demand is not sound.

threeputt

The tone of your reply is all wrong.

The ad hominem attacks are bush league. Certainly won't increase your credibility here.

Flame

Anyone else think this guy is a 14 year old kid? Everything from the tone to the spelling to the run ons leads me to believe he's 13-14. I'm on a few other forums with a lot of kids jumping on, and he sounds like one.

With that said, I won't go into detail.. other than saying. Grow up.

Idea Design

Shouldn't you be in school? You're mom needs the computer. Run along, now.

Pro Image

The tone of your reply is all wrong.

Your talking to my man all wrong......It's the wrong tone......Do it again.....I'll stab you in the face with a soldering Iron..........Does you momma sew.......BAM......have her sew that..........

:rock-n-roll::thumb::ROFLMAO:

Si Allen

I think that it is time that any newbie that comes here with that attitude ... should be kicked off this site!

They are not sign people, and never will be!

They are morons that simply stick letters on coro!

:doh::banghead::banghead::banghead:

onesource

Let him install it if he wants to save money, let a pro install it to save a life.
With just your question it is clear installation is not your field and neither is mechanical logic. However it is good that you posted and received feedback before attempting that project, good luck.

CentralSigns

No I am fed up with working behind some jack leg trying to fix his liquid nails install, (Yes it has happened here) while listening to a client try to beat down the price because he (the client) thinks every one else is a moron because of above said jack leg install.

Or how about bidding a job to replace the curling calendared vinyl on a back lit installed just last summer by a jack leg and listening to the client complain the price was high and now wants to know why it is costing him 5 times as before. All the while trying to avoid getting roped into another deposition when the client sues that last low baller who ripped him off using jack leg techniques.

Oh, yes maybe I should define a jack leg.
He is the mechanic working on a vehicle while it is held up on a bumper jack. Thus jack leg.

How about this one..
Jack leg... not properly trained or qualified; incompetent; makeshift. unprofessional, etc..

Hey fool ya don't even know whata jackleg is. It's a piece of underground mining equipment. Get your slang straightened out.

Si Allen

Main Entry: jack·leg
Pronunciation: \ˈjak-ˌleg, -ˌlāg\
Function: adjective
Etymology: 1jack + -leg (as in blackleg)
Date: 1850

1 a : characterized by unscrupulousness, dishonesty, or lack of professional standards <a jackleg lawyer> b : lacking skill or training : amateur <a jackleg carpenter>
2 : designed as a temporary expedient : makeshift

— jackleg noun

1. An unskilled or unscrupulous itinerant worker.
2. A strikebreaker.

JR's

posted by Si Allen think that it is time that any newbie that comes here with that attitude ... should be kicked off this site!

They are not sign people, and never will be!

They are morons that simply stick letters on coro!
I hate to differ, but I think you're giving morons a bad rap.

JR ;-}