• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheap Felt Squeegees

jfiscus

Rap Master
I learned a cheap tip from my MacTac training I went to a few weeks ago on how to DIY felt squeegees for cheap. Take your regular bulk cheapo squeegees & apply felt to the edge. Seems explanatory enough, but how do you apply the felt you ask?

Go to your local Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Wal*Mart, etc with a craft area (I went to hobby lobby), they should sell self-adhesive felt sheets. Hobby Lobby carrys 2 brands; "PrestoFelt" & "Stick-It Craft Felt". They are a little different; Stick-It is rougher/harder & the presto is on the soft side. But at the price; $.99 & $1.17 per 9x12" sheet the price can't be beat for cheap felt squeegees. Simply cut off a 1"x4" piece & apply to an edge.

The MacTac rep had a thinner felt(?) that he had purchased at WalMart under another name, but I couldn't find it at the maze that is Hobby Lobby...

Attachments

• feltsqueegees 001.jpg
    feltsqueegees 001.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 229
  • feltsqueegees 002.jpg
    feltsqueegees 002.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 181

B-RAD Graphics

that will work...but me personally cannot stand the way the cheap ones feels...dam things nearly cut you...NO FLEX..lol

but I would wrap my 3M gold..THX :thumb:

gnatt66

i use microfiber..use a typical blue microfiber towel, i apply 1/4" ATG to each side and wrap it around the blade of the squeegee. works great.

jfiscus

Rap Master
FYI, I am not as happy with the adhesion of the "Stick-It" brand as I am with the other after usign these some today. The Stick-It seems to be lifting from the squeegee somewhat.

AUTO-FX

here's another tip. i went down to the ace hardware and bought some suitable magnets and put them inside baby socks tied with a knot. way cheaper than buying the 60$ fancies

surf city

here's another tip. i went down to the ace hardware and bought some suitable magnets and put them inside baby socks tied with a knot. way cheaper than buying the 60$ fancies

Good tip Chris, now I gotta go find a baby so I can steal his socks............