• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

china printers

John Thomson

Finally opened my crate for my T-Jet/BannerJet. (The new workshop build out is almost complete)

Had to check out the print head, first and foremost... a shiny new Epson DX7!
View attachment 97529

you will not be disappointed with it!..........I have had my Tjet for over a year now.

After getting it set up and getting a good set of profiles for Flexisign it has been a fantastic machine......even the ink is good and it is $20 a litre.

Photoprint is Flexisign RIP........it is an OEM version and the only drivers with it are for the Tjet. Sai do not offer support for it because it is oem which I found very strange as it is genuine with a dongle.

You will get prompt replies via email to any questions from China, or Skype them......or if needed they will set the software up using Teamviewer.

John

player

Do they supply profiles?

Does the Flexi version have the ability to make profiles?

Do you buy your ink from China?

John Thomson

Yes they now have and supply a good set of Flexi profiles.......,.the supplied software is the Chinese Maintop which comes with profiles........I used Flexi before and wanted to continue to.

Yes Photoprint has the colour profiler.....but you can just paste the Tjet drivers into any Flexi

And Yes I brought in lots of ink with the printer and have since brought in more via airmail.

I have also used the ink in my JV3 for the last year with no issues at all...........all nozzles still perfect.

john

player

What do you do if you need repairs?

Is there a complete service manual?

Are parts a problem?

Which printer did you get and from which vendor?

Thanks

AnthonyRalano

I think it would be fine to go the lesser known China brand if:
-You are comfortable troubleshooting and knowing what to do if your printer has a problem.
-If you can easily get replacement parts and still get your jobs done on time.
-If you speak fluent Mandarin Chinese language.
-If you could practically build a printer yourself out of old toasters, filing cabinets, and a DX5 printhead you are probably safe with minimal tech support.

If you buy a Roland you know that a million other people ask questions about their Roland everyday. Yes, they aren't perfect, but you can find someone who has had a similar issues and correct the problem quickly.

player

Roland sucks.

I am goinbg to get a Chinese printer next. I don't have to spend $20-$30K for a printer that sucks, I can pay $3-$5K and get a printer that sucks.

Biker Scout

Same sucky print head, same sucky inks. Same things can go wrong with a Roland that can go wrong with an Import. However, I know for a fact that I can get parts next day, DHL for next to nothing. (shipping costs more) They still have encoders that can be wiped clean, and solves most weirdness problems.

artbot

when pricing out a chinese flatbed years ago (went with a used CET that gave us fits). i was astounded at the affordability of the replacement parts. i sent an inquiry for a list of spare parts for the Ntek dx5 flatbed and the prices were like: $12, $44, $130, etc. my figure was "in that case i'd take one of each". the only thing better than having a community of owners out there that can help is a spare part waiting in a cabinet for that one day in five that it may or may not be the issue. but when isolating issues, nothing works better than a part swap. not to mention being up and running in an hour or so.

knucklehead

With the new, latest, greatest HP latex printer coming out soon, there ought to be some real bargains on previously loved latex machines. For those of us, that don't need the latest, and greatest.

player

Same sucky print head, same sucky inks. Same things can go wrong with a Roland that can go wrong with an Import. However, I know for a fact that I can get parts next day, DHL for next to nothing. (shipping costs more) They still have encoders that can be wiped clean, and solves most weirdness problems.

How can you tell which one to get? The website is littered with different specs on the same machine, a pile of different models, hundreds of pages of the same printer. The sales girl was doing that evasive Asian thing where they don't answer your questions and pretend they don't quite speak English, which would kill me if I had a job due and needed to talk to them for parts or help.

Which light solvent machine would you recommend? Probably 5'.

Is there a print/cut model?

Do any of the machines have led screens and built in software or do they all require a pc to be the basic brain? Do they all only run on XP?

Is it a real DX7 head or some sort of a copy or a 2nd?

Thanks

Biker Scout

It's a legit new DX7 head.

You really only gotta know a couple of things... how wide, which head, how many. The software controls everything, including cleanings all the way through head voltages. There are tons of perimeters to mess with. There is a print and cut model, but I don't know anything about that, nor would I care. The order of operations dictates that you remove the prints from the printer to laminate anyway. Might as well have a decent Summa or Graphtech with OPOS.

They can run up to Win7 from what I understand, as long as you are in 32bit mode, not 64bit.

As far as the question thing... keep in mind that your emails are pre-screened even before they get to read them. There is a lag sometimes.

Might want to give titanjet.com.cn a hollar and see if you can pit them against each other on price service and features. Same printer. (But honestly I think TitanJet is the one who actually developed the main boards and circuitry, and sell to others who build the frames and chassis too)

artbot

those site are a bit hard to decipher. from what i can tell it's due to two things. one, cultural? bigger site with zillions of pages is better than a site that really only needs four basic pages. but also if you keep up with the models, the OEMs design and build on the fly. a printer can get a different capping station or hull or whatever and be made that "new" way for a few months then if something better comes along, it changes. this is contrary to what we are used to wherein an OEM has a good machine, but will wait for years to make a single improvement then announce it as a new model.