• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Choke & Spread

stitchup

Hi JOhn, if you want to send it to me I'll have a look, choke and spread should work fine with this.

Hope all is well.

Jason

Hello Jason, long time no see :)

How's things?

We're still battling away trying to get our shop front into some shape and a battle with the FX was proving just a little to much! as you know, I've not really used the FX that much but haven't really experienced the issues that confronted me this time round.

Fred and others have been such an amazing help and kept my enthusiasm in the FX :)

If your email is the same I'll be in touch.

We're off work this week and trying to tidy the shop - do pop in if you're nearby, be great to see you.

Regards

John

Jase

Hi John, and you, my email is the same. Send me the address of your shop and I'll try to pop in.

Best wishes
Jason

stitchup

Thank you Fred,

I only renewed my subscription last week and it's already repaid me in getting a job done :) I was going to politely give up!

Today I managed to print the labels ready for the customer :) .

I did find that increasing the heat for both foils to HOT solved otherwise poor printing when I used NORMAL. I wonder if this is due to the foils/vinyl I use?

I'm going to have a play with Choke just to ensure I get it right more often than not ;)

One thing I did notice with my GS15Plus cutter was the main roller is very sticky and will need replacing or repairing! When one of the smaller rollers became sticky, I removed it and threaded some electrical heat shrink on and applied heat to fit snugly. Is this something that could be done with the main roller? Anyone know if it's easily removed?

Thanks to all.

John

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I did find that increasing the heat for both foils to HOT solved otherwise poor printing when I used NORMAL. I wonder if this is due to the foils/vinyl I use?

Quite possibly. I use lots of non-Gerber foils and vinyls and have more than once found combinations that didn't print well but that printed just fine with other vinyls or foils. My solution is to keep some common colors like black and red Gerber foils available when poor print quality is seen and switch to them for that particular job. If you want to isolate the issue, order a roll of black and red foil from a Gerber distributor and do a comparison print.

One thing I did notice with my GS15Plus cutter was the main roller is very sticky and will need replacing or repairing! When one of the smaller rollers became sticky, I removed it and threaded some electrical heat shrink on and applied heat to fit snugly. Is this something that could be done with the main roller? Anyone know if it's easily removed?

Thanks to all.

John

The hold down bail repair you did is a good idea. Others have used clear plastic tubing as well.

The rubber going bad on the drum is another story and you should order in a replacement. I recommend The Plotter Doctor for this, although the shipping cost to you and for the shipping to them of your old drum is a consideration. Here's a link to a video showing the replacement of the drum.

stickersteve

Not sure if you already have this figure out yet or not, but I recently was told another way to do this and so far it has worked great. Maybe someone already else mentioned this. Is is much easier than choke/spread. Select the red, then go the stroke tool which has a flyout menu. Select the tool to the far right of the fly out menu and that is it. It will automatically put a stroke around your red, which should solve it. I might also recommend making the width of that barcode smaller. In most cases, there should be white space on the left and right of the barcode or it might not scan.

Steve

RG

I'm not trying to hijack this thread. And, if my question is in the wrong place, hopefully the moderator will move it or delete it. Here goes: does Flexisign pro v11 or v12 have any features that do what the OP is trying to do with choke and spread? If not, how do other Flexi users work around this problem? Thanks for any input.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Unless they've changed it, in my version 8.6, it's called Color Trapping under the Effects menu. It works very well BTW.