• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

chrome wrap

weesss

what are peoples favorite chrome for wrapping cars? pros and cons of different brands? maybe one is more conformable than the others but lacks the smooth look or vice versa?

used the avery before, but the hexis looks nice, and the 3m is one of the few in stock atm....

just wondering what people think.

Precision

We try and stay away from Chrome. It is extremely unforgiving, does not stretch and your installer better not waste at $2000 a roll.

We rather make money printing and installing ad wraps and color changes, than worry about a hi maintenance finicky clients vehicle (chrome = who needs that much attention) for the next year.

Just prefer to make good money going fast, than mess with stress causing headaches.

Just my .02 cents, and I don't really know anything.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We try and stay away from Chrome. It is extremely unforgiving, does not stretch and your installer better not waste at $2000 a roll.

We rather make money printing and installing ad wraps and color changes, than worry about a hi maintenance finicky clients vehicle (chrome = who needs that much attention) for the next year.

Just prefer to make good money going fast, than mess with stress causing headaches.

Just my .02 cents, and I don't really know anything.
And it's ugly

untitled

Chrome trim is a look from the past. Bring your vehicle back to life with our chrome delete service. Whether you want a fresh new look to accent your new car wrap or simply want to hide your chrome, we have you covered. We offer chrome delete for even the most complex parts such as grills and logos. We only use premium quality vinyl for chrome removal. These vinyl’s will not scratch your original chrome.

I'm confused. Are you actually trying to sell your chrome delete to a bunch of industry people?:roflmao:

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
He can do all the chrome deletes he wants!
F' a bunch of that. I wont do them anymore. Managing customer expectations can be difficult. And we don't like doing redo work. 99% of the time is customer damage, but they never admit to pressure washing the car.

KSTrooper

Wrapper, designer, illustrator
He can do all the chrome deletes he wants!
F' a bunch of that. I wont do them anymore. Managing customer expectations can be difficult. And we don't like doing redo work. 99% of the time is customer damage, but they never admit to pressure washing the car.
Yeah chrome deletes SUCK. I can do multiple hood blackouts in the time it takes to black out the trim on one car. Customers always ask why they cost so much.

Jack_sky

In recent years, car wrapping became a very popular car upgrade in Ontario and especially in the Greater Toronto Area. It’s obvious that vinyl wrap can completely change the look and feel of your car but it also protects the paintwork, essentially sealing it from the Canadian weather elements. Change your mind about the color? Want to sell the vehicle? Simply remove the vinyl and the original paintwork is unmarked and preserved. And it’s not just for new cars either. If you’ve found a used vehicle that is perfect in every aspect except the color then we can fix that as long as the paintwork is free of any major imperfections.