• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cj 500 not syphoning maganta

anozira02

Cant seems to print out from the color Magenta,,,my guess either the print head clogged or bad damper? I went as far as doing an ink-refill,,it didn't pull anything down from the ink line. Would a head flushing do the job? Any ideas?

sfr table hockey

I am assuming that you have solvent in the printer.

First thing to check is the drain lines making sure they are not plugged. Next is to draw ink into the head by way of the capping station.

Do a test print and if still nothing, not even one or two lines then it may be a bigger issue.

You could try to take a cleaning swab and get it wet with cleaning solution and move the heads off the capping station and gently push it up under the head. Do not rub but just push it up under the head forcing cleaning fluid into that part of the head. Next option would be to remove the damper and put some cleaning fluid in a syringe and attach it with a small chunk of the white tube and force a bit of solution into that head.

Just do reg cleanings as more powerfull ones just waste ink.

I would also look at the damper to make sure it is half full (about) and if it seems loose on the print head or not. If it's loose then there will be an air leak and the head will just drain. Most times you should be able to draw ink into it but you might notice that head drop out after printing a solid band of that color approx 1" x 24". This is about how much ink the head itself holds. If after that block print, when you do a test print, it's not missing any lines then you should be fine.

If you are still getting drop out check the clear lines that run from the underside of the capping station over the the small rectangular block on the right. They can plug and will cause dropout during printing.

Last I have also found if the temp of the printer was not above about 60 to 65 deg temp (you can see this in the service menu) I was getting dropout and the head would not recharge. Once the room temp was up a bit all was fine.

anozira02

Thanks table hockey, I will follow through with your advise tonight...will let you know If I get it going! And to your question is Yes" I am running eco-solvent in the printer...couple of days ago it printed out just fine..

sfr table hockey

Also can't remember is you have said if you are using the original CJ 500 drain lines or not. If you are still hooked up to them, try to run the pump lines right into the drain bottle (and not use the original black drain tube) by moving the drain bottle to the front, just under where the pump is. Those original drain lines for waterbased are real thin tubes and will plug real easy.

anozira02

Thanks for your help! I was a clogged drain line coming from the black head side...I taken the pump line off the pump flushed it and all is well and it was long enough to reach the drain bottle so I took the small extended line off, now all is well.

Thanks again!