• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV150-130 printing on reflective

ciggyboy

Can someone who owns one of these machines tell me what profile or settings they use to print on reflective vinyl. As of now it seems they still don't
have a profile for this. I've try a lot of settings but it's still printing like **** on it. Any help is appreciated. FYI I'm using Rasterlink 6 and ES3 inks on this one.

I use one of the generic calendared vinyl profiles on alot of the stuff I print. I do alot of printing on 3M reflective for police vehicle work with excellent results. Hope this helps. Once I get back to my shop I can give you the exact one if you like.

paperstrategies

Hey Ciggy, I use ss21 inks but, if you have similar profiles here's what I use. Orafol 3109G-010 profile on 720 x 720 12 pass. We only print black on this job but, after messing around this is the lowest/fastest setting that still produces a good quality. Hope it helps.

MonoJoker

Probably a silly question but is your reflective printable? Some reflective media is only designed for cutting and applying it needs to have a coating on it for successful digital printing - that's my understanding anyway. Otherwise the ink will not adhere and the results are worthless.

Using SS21 inks we print successfully onto this material Kiwa 2600 Series Class 2 Engineer Grade Reflective - HVG Graphics which is cheaper than the 3M equivalent. That's using a standard Avery Polymeric SAV icc profile.