CJV30 / Rasterlink extend USB cable

rightnow

Hello,

Im in need to extend my USB 2.0 cable between my computer and my CJV30.

I bought a USB 2.0 Extender over ethernet. (This one http://www.deltaco.se/products/items/itemid/(USB2-EX100M)/index.aspx)

And it find my printer and hooks it up. I can even add it in Rasterlink printer management.

I tried cutting with Illustrator and Finecut, and it works.

But in Rasterlink it doesnt get any connection to the printer. I keep getting this error message: [13:30:13] USB2 : Can't get the status information(U). < { 0 } > - ( 0x02010606 ).

Anyone have any tips for me? If this doesnt work, maybe i need to buy a USB 2.0 active extender cable 30 meter. I know its probabbly better to have the raster near the printer. But in this particular case it would be awesome if i could get this working.

ironchef

Very Active Member
Sup buddy. I recently had the same question. Called mimaki and asked a tech. They advised against it. Max length 15ft. Gold plated usb cable. And the shorter the better.

SightLine

Very Active Member
Might not work for everyone but we run our JV33 with a Manhattan Products USB repeater and have for over a year with zero issues. I think ours is a 15 or 20 foot active exctension with another 10 foot regular USB cable after that.

ironchef

Very Active Member
Any brand? Im looking at belkin, monster or another one i forgot the name of also staples brand

Out There

I run two 6ft usb cables. I did try a 15ft cable and it did not work out too well. Ended up moving the printer closer to my work station.

ironchef

Very Active Member
Yeai figured. Im buying a 10 or 12 ft. Cablem and im buying a pc tomorrow(no taxes). To rip with. Any ideas on what ram, or other specs recommended?

Out There

I got my Dell XPS8300 i7 with 12GB ram at Costco and it works really well and ran me less that $1,000. Big rips still take a little time, but nothing compared to my previous tower of crap.

rightnow

I think i need like 90 feet cable :)

Problem is with a seperate rip machine, is that it requires Adobe Illustrator for the fast cutting. So another license of that aint cheap.

ironchef

Very Active Member
Well i exchanged the 12 foot usb for a 16 foot gold plated ativa cable from office depot. Works fine. Printing on a cjv30

it is a very common issue for an extended usb line to not transfer all information, but we have a 20ft gold extender works fine for are jv33! just need to buy an power adapter for extension cable, or fork out the little extra for a decent cable