• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 / Rasterlink extend USB cable

rightnow

Hello,

Im in need to extend my USB 2.0 cable between my computer and my CJV30.

I bought a USB 2.0 Extender over ethernet. (This one http://www.deltaco.se/products/items/itemid/(USB2-EX100M)/index.aspx)

And it find my printer and hooks it up. I can even add it in Rasterlink printer management.

I tried cutting with Illustrator and Finecut, and it works.

But in Rasterlink it doesnt get any connection to the printer. I keep getting this error message: [13:30:13] USB2 : Can't get the status information(U). < { 0 } > - ( 0x02010606 ).

Anyone have any tips for me? If this doesnt work, maybe i need to buy a USB 2.0 active extender cable 30 meter. I know its probabbly better to have the raster near the printer. But in this particular case it would be awesome if i could get this working.

ironchef

Sup buddy. I recently had the same question. Called mimaki and asked a tech. They advised against it. Max length 15ft. Gold plated usb cable. And the shorter the better.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Might not work for everyone but we run our JV33 with a Manhattan Products USB repeater and have for over a year with zero issues. I think ours is a 15 or 20 foot active exctension with another 10 foot regular USB cable after that.

ironchef

Any brand? Im looking at belkin, monster or another one i forgot the name of also staples brand

Out There

I run two 6ft usb cables. I did try a 15ft cable and it did not work out too well. Ended up moving the printer closer to my work station.

ironchef

Yeai figured. Im buying a 10 or 12 ft. Cablem and im buying a pc tomorrow(no taxes). To rip with. Any ideas on what ram, or other specs recommended?

Out There

I got my Dell XPS8300 i7 with 12GB ram at Costco and it works really well and ran me less that $1,000. Big rips still take a little time, but nothing compared to my previous tower of crap.

rightnow

I think i need like 90 feet cable :)

Problem is with a seperate rip machine, is that it requires Adobe Illustrator for the fast cutting. So another license of that aint cheap.

ironchef

Well i exchanged the 12 foot usb for a 16 foot gold plated ativa cable from office depot. Works fine. Printing on a cjv30

projectneon

it is a very common issue for an extended usb line to not transfer all information, but we have a 20ft gold extender works fine for are jv33! just need to buy an power adapter for extension cable, or fork out the little extra for a decent cable