• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning Stubborn Stains on Wraps - Baking Soda?

grafixemporium

We do our best to educate our clients on the importance of keeping their wraps clean. In Texas, we are fighting the brutal sun as well, so a regular cleaning regimen goes a long way to extending the life of a wrap.

On some fleet vans, shuttle buses and trucks, we often see dark streaks run vertically down the sides. It's likely caused by filthy, greasy water pooling in the gutters or pockets on the roof and then running down the sides. Or on a rainy day, all the grime on a filthy roof will rinse down the sides. If the vehicle isn't regularly cleaned, those streaks become very difficult or seemingly impossible to remove.

Anyone have any thoughts, tips, tricks, suggestions for cleaning neglected fleet wraps?

We typically only recommend liquid soap, warm water and a soft sponge or rag. Denatured alcohol if necessary for tough spots, but splatters, bird crap, etc. A basic, no frills touch-free car wash is good in a pinch. I'm not at all a proponent of using any kind of wax, polish or other leave on conditioners as I believe that is asking for long term trouble. Clogging up the pores of the vinyl with a material that will inevitably harden, is not a great idea.

Anyone have anything else that works great for cleaning wraps? I was thinking of testing a baking soda, soap and water mix to introduce a mild abrasive and see if that helps with stubborn stains.

David Wright

In the old days we carried Bon Ami soap bars for stubborn marks, stains and lines.
Do they make it anymore other than the cleanser?

Matter of fact, kitchen cleanser would probably work.