• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear acrylic to clear acrylic bonding?

enes sonmez

Hello
i searched all the forum bit couldnt find proper answer. what is the best way to bond let’s say 3/8 acrylic sheets to make a box or even a display? we use #3 and #16 in daily to make trimcaps but i want to know maybe there are another options to glue clear acrylics together either from sides or surfaces together without any bubble and keeping a strong hold! One of our vendor suggested me IPS 40 but it is like $380 and dnt wanna give a shot only for testing purpose.
thank you so much.

Drip Dry

Hello
i searched all the forum bit couldnt find proper answer. what is the best way to bond let’s say 3/8 acrylic sheets to make a box or even a display? we use #3 and #16 in daily to make trimcaps but i want to know maybe there are another options to glue clear acrylics together either from sides or surfaces together without any bubble and keeping a strong hold! One of our vendor suggested me IPS 40 but it is like $380 and dnt wanna give a shot only for testing purpose.
thank you so much.
Why not have someone like Cab Plastics in Brooklyn Ny. make them for you
They made me some clear ballot boxes a number of years ago
They had sliding doors with a key lock
They did a nice job

John Miller

We have used resin bond for years. Good results, strong bonding. Sand the pieces to be bonded so they are smooth, the glue is water thinking Yoy apply it with a hypodermic style applicator, it just flows into the joint.

Broome Signs

For display boxes, we use UV glue
as you can put the box together with the glue clean away the excess as you go tape in place, then hit it with the UV light for 5 min, job ready to go

Gary1

Hello
thank you so much.
30 yrs ago there was a clear as water glue called Resin Bond.