• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear transfer tape for Oracal

Colt

I was looking for a recommendation for clear transfer tape for Oracal 751.

And would the Oracal need medium or high tack transfer tape?

OlsonSigns601

We've used conform series transfer tape for several years.
Earlier this year we tried the ClearChoice and did not care for it at all.

We used it on 751, 651, 3651, 3165RA and it worked, but we ran into issues where it wouldn't go on as smooth as the conform series especially when putting it on dry.

Clear I guess would be good if you have to layer something but my opinion, I would just go with the Conform Series

Colt

We've used conform series transfer tape for several years.
Earlier this year we tried the ClearChoice and did not care for it at all.

We used it on 751, 651, 3651, 3165RA and it worked, but we ran into issues where it wouldn't go on as smooth as the conform series especially when putting it on dry.

Clear I guess would be good if you have to layer something but my opinion, I would just go with the Conform Series

Which clear tape did you use? They have more than one. I'm just interested in clear as I'm layering. Plus I think it is just easier to see what you are doing when trying to line up the graphic on say a glass door window or something.

carter75

You can still see what you are doing on glass with regular mask unless you are using clear vinyl, but that would make no sense. We use the conform tape also, not sure if it is the 4076 or 4075 though. I have used the clear tape in the past and have also experienced issues with it. If we do layering we will cut a couple squares at the top and on each side of the graphic in the same location on every color and then you just line those up with each other and all is well.