• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Client Application Form

JamesLam

You folks were so helpful regarding the costing spreadsheet I thought to myself, "Hey dude, why not ask if anyone has a Client Application Form that they would like to share?"

Last edited:

visual800

Yes its called 100% down, that will make them or break them Why would you want someone to fill out a client application form?

JamesLam

You mean something for them to set up terms?
That could be part of it, but really it's to gather the information necessary to properly set up them up in accounting, crm, etc. Requests for payment terms are a separate process/form.

Scooping some ideas from the internet I threw this simple form together yesterday. I need to clean it up and add some of our contact info but let me know if you think I'm missing anything else.

Attachments

• Wholesale Customer Application Form.pdf
    75.1 KB · Views: 200

Christian @ 2CT Media

Personally, I wouldn't make a client "Sign Up" for an account unless you are little to no contact and online only. If you want this for local client's, that will add hurdles that don't make sense for them and they will easily find less restrictive solutions.

That said, if this is for credit terms then, yes have them read and fill out term contracts.

JamesLam

Yes its called 100% down, that will make them or break them Why would you want someone to fill out a client application form?
I think you and Christian raise a good point. Maybe I need to change application to information or something to that effect.

Evan Gillette

Michael Janda has some good free resources for stuff like this, all his stuff is geared toward design services but translates well for the most part. He is big on deciding if the client is going to be beneficial to work with before ever developing a relationship.

JamesLam

I would just ask them the questions and takes notes... no one wants to do paperwork. Asking minimal questions enough to accomplish what you need is more personable than filling out a form.
Often we have discussions with clients on the phone or via email and never actually meet face to face. I like the form as it helps to eliminate errors especially if dealing with accents and other language variances. Variations that we have used in the past have been particularily helpful with larger clients/companies where billing and shipping can be fairly complicated.

As far as creating a headache for a client, we have never received any feedback that would suggest that completing the form was an inconvenience. Now I know everyone has their own company culture but this seems to work well for us.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Haha, my first thought when I read the thread title was a questionnaire to determine the pita level of the new client. Useful for cost analysis... How much time will they wast etc

visual800

clients dont know what the h@ll they want or need. An application is not gonna work with what I sell. I need to go out and check out whats going on, have them email a copy of their crappy jpeg logo so i can make an quote for them. IF they accept the quote than we can move onto more specifics

CanuckSigns

Often we have discussions with clients on the phone or via email and never actually meet face to face. I like the form as it helps to eliminate errors especially if dealing with accents and other language variances. Variations that we have used in the past have been particularily helpful with larger clients/companies where billing and shipping can be fairly complicated.

As far as creating a headache for a client, we have never received any feedback that would suggest that completing the form was an inconvenience. Now I know everyone has their own company culture but this seems to work well for us.
I agree, we need to fill out a form with pretty much every new vendor we use, some need banking information, others just need contact information.

Once you start dealing with larger companies, this becomes more crucial, we've had cases where someone placed an order, and when we invoiced them, we were told that the person who placed the order wasn't in a position to actually order anything on behalf of the company, if we had a form that would have been avoided.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I think most people call this a "Vendor Form". Pretty much the info you have to use to set up your invoice and you can add things.

A fillable form or a PDF fillable form on your website with a submit button might be most convenient for you and them. You can keep it on a hidden page and just send the link via email.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Here's our initial form: https://www.firesprint.com/join

A form for starting a new client could be quite useful to make sure you are getting consistent information from every customer. I have gotten plenty of feedback that a form to complete is a burden on a new customer. But just having a form doesn't mean you must make your customer complete it. You could just as easily ask those questions over the phone or in person and complete it for them.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Ours is very similar to firesprints one - https://www.completegraphics.com.au/register

Name,
Address,
Your company info - Company name, Type of business & website (optional)

Ours will let us know who you are and what you do as we only deal with other trades.

Yes it may be a burden for some, but we're all online so if you need to order, we need to know who we're dealing with.
Even if you want to order via phone or email, we require the one time registration so we can just go to your name and process the order immediately.
And as our system is online, You'll get your invoices sent automatically, auto updates when your order is being shipped or ready for pickup.

Also if you're trying to build a mailing list, that helps too.

Free tip: Use an online form. Don't use a paper form. No one can be bothered filling out a piece of paper, scanning it and sending it back.
If you have a website, have one on there.
Or use something like google forms. There are heaps of free online forms you can use to send to clients.

JamesLam

Haha, my first thought when I read the thread title was a questionnaire to determine the pita level of the new client. Useful for cost analysis... How much time will they wast etc
I suppose there is a bit of that as it does help vet out those trying to scam their way as a commercial client when really they are a retail customer. It's amazing how many we come acros that tell us a story of how busy and big they are but just can't manage a tax ID number or business number.

JamesLam

I think most people call this a "Vendor Form". Pretty much the info you have to use to set up your invoice and you can add things.

A fillable form or a PDF fillable form on your website with a submit button might be most convenient for you and them. You can keep it on a hidden page and just send the link via email.
We are working on a new web page, this is a great idea. Thanks.

JamesLam

Here's our initial form: https://www.firesprint.com/join

A form for starting a new client could be quite useful to make sure you are getting consistent information from every customer. I have gotten plenty of feedback that a form to complete is a burden on a new customer. But just having a form doesn't mean you must make your customer complete it. You could just as easily ask those questions over the phone or in person and complete it for them.
Thanks for the tips.

JamesLam

Ours is very similar to firesprints one - https://www.completegraphics.com.au/register

Name,
Address,
Your company info - Company name, Type of business & website (optional)

Ours will let us know who you are and what you do as we only deal with other trades.

Yes it may be a burden for some, but we're all online so if you need to order, we need to know who we're dealing with.
Even if you want to order via phone or email, we require the one time registration so we can just go to your name and process the order immediately.
And as our system is online, You'll get your invoices sent automatically, auto updates when your order is being shipped or ready for pickup.

Also if you're trying to build a mailing list, that helps too.

Free tip: Use an online form. Don't use a paper form. No one can be bothered filling out a piece of paper, scanning it and sending it back.
If you have a website, have one on there.
Or use something like google forms. There are heaps of free online forms you can use to send to clients.
Thanks Pauly.