• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Client Error wants Warranty

Fleet FX Graphics

Ashley | Production Manager
So my client has chipped through the vinyl and paint on the fender of his truck and he wants me to warranty the wrap.
Would you guys do this or tell him where to go?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Depends on the circumstances I would say. Was it due to negligence on his part or failure of the wrap? Also, how long ago was this done and are they a good customer.

Fleet FX Graphics

That's the stupidest thing ever. Is he going to warranty the paintjob as well?
I asked him that. It isnt even a new truck I think it was a 2014 or something.
I'm pretty sure he did the hack job himself so I just said ill print you a patch piece but im not installing it for free

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I myself wouldn't, the only way you should ever have to replace at your expense is if it's a failure of the product in a short time after installation, otherwise, it is their fault and it's going to cost them to fix (if even possible) or replace.

unclebun

Unless you offered a warranty against stone chipping, there's nothing to warranty. Your warranty should only be against manufacturer product defect and workmanship defect. Stone chipping is not something wrap vinyl is designed to resist. In fact, it should be part of the customer discussion before doing a wrap that it is more fragile than the original paintwork, and requires special care in use and maintenance in order to retain its appearance.

Fleet FX Graphics

Depends on the circumstances I would say. Was it due to negligence on his part or failure of the wrap? Also, how long ago was this done and are they a good customer.
Hes a first time customer so im slightly hesitant when he says its from a gravel road since it looks like he either hit something or scrapped it with a piece of equipment

ikarasu

Hes a first time customer so im slightly hesitant when he says its from a gravel road since it looks like he either hit something or scrapped it with a piece of equipment
Doesn't matter if it was a gravel road or if his toddler three a rock at it. It Sucks.. but it sucks for him, not you.

You think a dealer with fix a scratch on a new vehicle that wasn't their fault?

Warranties protect against defects of material and workmanship. If it's failing because they take a pressure washer to it or go offroading.. that's on them.

It may be a little thing, but you're already going above and beyond by printing a repair section for him. Just be sure to tell him normal wear and tear is not warrantied when you hand him the piece.