• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clips for Sign Cabinet

Can anyone tell me where I can get replacement clips like the ones shown holding the banner in the cabinet pictured. We are afraid some may break and we want to have replacements on hand. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Stuart
Finishline Sign

s
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2014-12-29 15.05.25.jpg
    2014-12-29 15.05.25.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 263

Marlene

do you have a supplier for your sign cabinets? if so, ask them if they have flex face clips as they might deal with them

MikePro

we use the aluminum signcomp ones. they most definitely do not break.
worst-case, you may need to replace some screws/nuts that may have rusted, available at any hardware store.

uncertain if there are plastic ones on the market, but doubtful. you should be good.

Kottwitz-Graphics

we use the aluminum signcomp ones. they most definitely do not break.
worst-case, you may need to replace some screws/nuts that may have rusted, available at any hardware store.

uncertain if there are plastic ones on the market, but doubtful. you should be good.

+1... The aluminum is pretty tough on these. I am about to change the faces in a sign cabinet for the 3rd time myself... And it's been changed at least 3 or 4 times by someone else... ( the location has changed hands at least that many times), and we are using the original flex clips.

And, by the way, that is not a banner, but in fact a panaflex face with translucent graphics applied ( either printed, translucent vinyl, or a coating that is eradicated to leave the white translucent areas exposed.)

Thanks for all the replies. We do not install cabinets, we only replace faces and up to this point they have all been acrylic faces. I have seen flex faces before but not like this. This one appears to be regular banner material and it even has a seam sewn in it. Do they make a flex face material that has a weave like banner material and can be sewn.

Thanks
Stuart

MikePro

guess it all depends if the client wants illumination or not. Banner material doesn't illuminate very well.
i wouldn't try sewing flexface material, but you can plastic weld it if need-be. can get messy & it is not the prettiest finished product, but it works. I only do this for patching damaged signs.

we just order flexface to size & apply vinyl graphics to it.

If not illuminated, then why not use the existing face and simply apply a printed vinyl graphic over the top? A lot less labor involved, simply applying a large graphic to an already stretched canvas.