• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Clogged Flatbed Surface UV Mutoh Printer 2508UF

Desert Sands

Desert Sands Unified
Probably a simple solution, and asking about the vacuum holes on top of the flatbed surface, is it normal for them to get clogged with normal use? We're not seeing any type of filtration underneath, where does the off spray go? For alignment a school district next to us sprays directly on the flatbed, I thought that to be odd, is this normal practice?
PXL_20211014_164122813.jpg

rjssigns

We have corner marks printed directly to the surface in the lab at school.

For cleaning the holes you could use the correct wire gauge drill bit and a pin vise.

Desert Sands

Desert Sands Unified
We have corner marks printed directly to the surface in the lab at school.

For cleaning the holes you could use the correct wire gauge drill bit and a pin vise.
Hey thanks for the response, did the flatbed come with marks preprinted or did you create the marks yourself and print directly on the flatbed yourself? The drill bit and pin vise...perfect! We'll grab a set, thanks!

rjssigns

Hey thanks for the response, did the flatbed come with marks preprinted or did you create the marks yourself and print directly on the flatbed yourself? The drill bit and pin vise...perfect! We'll grab a set, thanks!
We figured out where we wanted the marks then printed. They are nothing more than 2pt horizontal and vertical lines about .5" LxW.
They're almost worn off though. Found that using the vac holes works a treat for alignment.
Guide pins are manual so we don't use them. Can't afford a head crash if someone forgets. Lots of people running the equipment including students.

Desert Sands

Desert Sands Unified
We've always had this one spot on the bed where it doesn't have that much of a vacuum compared to the rest of the area, (far right lower center, about size of a dodge ball) and sometimes have to rearrange yard signs because of it, we have multiple users so to each their own how these yard signs line up on the table for print, (another topic maybe) anyways, this one spot will not hold that one section of the yard sign and we get head strikes, yikes. Attaching the recommended compressor for added vacuum seems to help. What I'm getting, and thanks for the invaluable feedback, is that this is normal, vacuum holes will occasionally get plugged up.

GC Decor

Super Printer
A window scraper blade works well to get extra ink off the bed and you can use a needle to clear vacuum holes. I would never purposely print directly on the bed - get some cheap paper & painter tape and have template files setup.
As Bal stated all the extra ink that goings into the table is going right into the Air & most UV ink is gross stuff to breathe.