• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cmyk prints

I have a design I'm building in Flexi. When I create say an outline and give it a fill of C-0 M-0 Y-0 K-0 ( in other words white or nothing) then I export it as a jpeg... Import into Omega and print it ends up being a grey color? it doesn't recognize it as a no fill but rather a shape with a fill.. The design has a photo with lettering of the top...I'm thinking I may have to rebuild the design in omega.. But boy if I could get it straight from flexi that would be sweet! Also my colors don't appear the same from one software to the other what can I do there? They are off slightly... Thanks on advance!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The background discoloration comes from the color management profiling that is happening. Your JPG is being reinterpreted when you generate it in Flexi, again when you import it into Omega and again when you output it to the Edge.

In Omega, there is a a Color Management setup for profiles and the Black/White filtering located under the File menu. The B/W filtering will correct the discoloration you are experiencing. Experimenting with the profiles you use when you export, import, workspace settings and output profiles will all improve if you take the time to experiment with them. Shown below are the settings I use on my system.

Attachments

• color mgt.jpg
    color mgt.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 76
  • bw filter.jpg
    bw filter.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 46
Thank you Fred! I think you have touched on that before... I will search it also..So would I change the settings and test print to see the outcome?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thank you Fred! I think you have touched on that before... I will search it also..So would I change the settings and test print to see the outcome?

Yes. I would also recommend when converting to a JPG that you use the RGB color mode and the Gerber Edge II 300 DPI CMYK color profile for better looking color from the Edge.

Fred you are a gold mine of information! I used your settings and my problem disappeared! I can't thank you enough... I first had to pay my subscription of $50 before posting this! Thank you so much! It's the least i could do after hangin on the coat tales! My prints look 100% better!

I know this is complicated, so go easy on me.. but my Rhode Island Red is a little too Red.. what values could I change in my color management tab in GSP plot to help correct this? Just thought I'd ask before I jumped in.. Thanks in advance.. and yes I used the search feature.. (see I'm trying!) :toasting:

Attachments

• chicken%20white%20background.jpg
    chicken%20white%20background.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 64
  • chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 48

Tony Teveris

I could ask a million question but start with this. In Composer have you "proofed" the image. In the View menu select the "Show Imaging Proof Colors". What this does is (now this gets technical) it converts the images colors (RGB or CMYK) and converts is to the monitor RGB but first goes through the Edge profile you have selected for the job.

In your Color Managerment setup (under the File menu) select the Gerber default monitor profile unless you actually calibrated your monitor. For your Gerber Imaging select what you want to use but if Fred likes CMYK 300 then pick it.

After doing your CM setup and proofing the colors on screen you should see how the image plans on print on the Edge.

Now if it's too red you can do a number of things.

1) You can redit the image in your favorite image edit program
2) re assign your image source profile (Image fill dialog)
3) re assign a Gerber imaging profile
4) edit the image within Composer using the Image tools found in the Image menu

Remember to keep the proofing turned on

If your a photoshop guy you can do the same within PS using the Gerber Edge profiles.

Well there is a start