• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CNC Routing Max Metal

kalvix

So just upgraded our old Zund to a new MCT Router/Laser machine. It is awesome. But we have been working on some acrylic push through signs.

When cutting Max Metal to form a box, i have a 90 degree bit and would love to have some guidance on how deep to cut the vee-groove to make the box bend well?

Any tricks on routing 1/2 acrylic for the push through letters.

Evan Gillette

dibond and some of the other manufacturers have excellent guides for working with acm/acp, most house brands have slightly different skin thickness so you might have to make some samples. Also I believe there is a max metal HD with thicker aluminum that might help durability on bends.

Superior_Adam

Trial and error. I would imagine you will need to go to the top of the bottom aluminum layer to get a good clean fold to where the edges match up well without gaps.

MikePro

+1 trial&error, but it doesn't take much to dial-in the depth needed to engrave through the first two layers of metal/plastic & leave the final layer of metal unscathed if not lightly scored.