• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cocut or Signcut pro

Grambler

Hey Guys,
I'm looking at getting some new software for my summa S160t and new some help on getting the right one. I'm currently looking at Signcut pro and Cocut. I will be doing some decals, any suggestions?
Thanks

letterman7

Depends what design software you're running. CoCut is meant to integrate with Corel. Been using that since version 3.

OldPaint

if iam not mistaken......SUMMA has a driver to cut right from COREL nothing else needed. i have ROLAND and cut direct from COREL..... have been since version 3.....not X3, but 3!!!!!

Grambler

Yeah they do it's winplot but you have no control. It cuts at the front then advances the end and cuts. Causes a lot of problems. Was looking for something better. Unless there is something that can be done with winplot.

Techman

i started using cocut years ago. It has been the most faithful and reliable software plugin I ever used.

I obtained Cocut pro from ebay for about 100 bux version 9 after ruining one too many jobs using other junk software packages. Since then I upgraded to version cocut pro for corel X3 where the cost was only $199 if I remember right. Here it is years alter and it still runs perfectly. Although I do not run much vinyl anymore the cutting computer and my trusty anagraph sits there just fine at no cost whatsoever with no fear of an update shutting it all down.. No subscription fees, no upgrade fees, no crippling updates. How much cheaper would one want?

And better yet. When I do cut vinyl cocut refuses to cut anything that is from a bad layout. This alone has saved me money from wasted vinyl.

AF

Run the latest firmware update. Turn on vector sorting on your Summa if the knife is moving all over the place. This is caused by the order of the vectors coming out of corel.