• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coffee Wrap!

signswi

i may post in the tips and tricks, someday, about how there can be more to lamination than loading your media onto the bottom roller, laminate on top roller, web and go.

i use my laminator as a giant squeegee and treat my laminate like clear vinyl. Beyond that, the sky's the limit in terms of how you use it. Outgassing has nothing to do with which way the vinyl is rolled up... I run 16pass, slow speed, one-directional for most anything I laminate anyways. Plenty of time for the vinyl to dry on the printer, but i'll still usually wait a day to laminate just to be safe and feel better about my prints being protected from contamination when they're rolled printside-in.

Going that slow (on a JV3? Wow. That'd cut our production down way into the red) I can see why you wouldn't worry. Reverse rolling like that traps the solvent gas if you leave it on the roll to dry. We should have a beer in Milwaukee some time.