• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cold weather vinyl

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Lookig for vinyl that will be installed in very cold weather (20F) and must withstand that temp for a long period of time, about 3 years.

Appreciate your help.

mackenzieGRAPHICS

We've used 3M IJ36-20 vinyl with an overlaminate before and it held up really well, but I believe that it needs to be installed when the weather is at least 40*

Billct2

You don't say what kind of project, but a good cast vinyl (and laminate if needed) should be fine. Installing in the cold is a problem no matter what you use. It's best to let it warm up a bit, or warm it before applying.

907Natalie

Gotta love forums. Two years later this Alaskan has an answer.

Orajet 3161DT can be installed in as low as 23°F. I wouldn't try to wrap a car with it, it's not conformable. But when someone wants a patch on an outdoor sign, decides on a winter window wrap promo, or just to put hours on their door in February, this is the only option I have found. I'm told the adhesive is pretty aggressive - I haven't had to remove more than door lettering yet, but feel like it will be a bear to remove a full window.

I came to the forum today to see if there are any other brands with comparable properties. Orafol has some unique and very fine products, but I'm trying to narrow my brand selection to allow for better vinyl/laminate mix-n- matching.

RichMoney

Gotta love forums. Two years later this Alaskan has an answer.

Orajet 3161DT can be installed in as low as 23°F. I wouldn't try to wrap a car with it, it's not conformable. But when someone wants a patch on an outdoor sign, decides on a winter window wrap promo, or just to put hours on their door in February, this is the only option I have found. I'm told the adhesive is pretty aggressive - I haven't had to remove more than door lettering yet, but feel like it will be a bear to remove a full window.

I came to the forum today to see if there are any other brands with comparable properties. Orafol has some unique and very fine products, but I'm trying to narrow my brand selection to allow for better vinyl/laminate mix-n- matching.

3M makes a "Hockey Board Film" made for use in hockey arenas and Ice rinks. I know Grimco has it, but I have never tried it.

Dan360

Drytac Polar removable adhesive is specced to be installed at -20C (-4F) and has a 5 year durability rating.