• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Color Consultants - Who have you hired, or who would you hire?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Honest question. We want to hire a color consultant. I am looking for a referral. If it's all the same to you, maybe we could turn this thread into more of a directory with names and contact info of:

- Full time color consultants for hire
- Color courses that we can attend
- Well organized resources for color matching and consistency

Comments about color, and general discussion could maybe be put on another thread here:

Just a thought.

adendo

Merchant Member
We have some very good color management Advisors on adendo.com. If you click on special applications, then color management, you can read the bios. You can also message with them for free to make sure they're a good fit before hiring them.

Johnny Best

Heres the guy in my color department.

Attachments

• colordeptment.jpg
    colordeptment.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 114

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Honest question. We want to hire a color consultant. I am looking for a referral. If it's all the same to you, maybe we could turn this thread into more of a directory with names and contact info of:

- Full time color consultants for hire
- Color courses that we can attend
- Well organized resources for color matching and consistency

Comments about color, and general discussion could maybe be put on another thread here:

Just a thought.
For color work we've used Mike Adams at Correct Color out of Austin for about 10 years. He's profiled all of our flatbeds and roll stock printers. I highly recommend him. http://correctcolor.org/

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I hate color.
What sort of color are you concerned with?

Haha. I agree. We're looking for gamut consistency across all devices. So if we print corrugated plastic on one printer today, we have a very similar color output on a different printer in two months, on a different brand of corrugated plastic.

We have the tools to profile our medias inhouse and have little issue getting close pantone matches. For us, it's all about consistency. IMO, when one buys from a trade printer, you expect to get pretty much the same product every time you order it. We want to get better at that.

I have talked to Mike at correct color. He seems like a good fit for us. I'll let you all know how that goes when we go through the process in a few months.

I'm hoping this thread is useful for others as well.