• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color fade and then "fit text to path"

Commando

So I have this decal to do. They want words faded from blue to brown(top to bottom of each letter) and then arched.
I add the fade, fit text to the proper path, and then the fading changes. Instead of each individual letter fading from top to bottom, it uses the whole line collectively.
Is there a way to bypass this?
In the picture I posted, the top line is how I want it. The second line is after it changes.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 304

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Hmm. I guess if you break it before you fit to path it won't do it properly right?

What if you edit the gradient to radial after fitting text to path? Kind of a roundabout way (no pun intended) of doing it but since it's a simple gradient it might work.

Commando

You referring to blend transition type? I tried that. By the time I "stretched" the brown out enough, I couldnt get the same effect. It was too blended

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
You referring to blend transition type? I tried that. By the time I "stretched" the brown out enough, I couldnt get the same effect. It was too blended
Perhaps try a gradient mesh fill? Works well for filling unusual shapes or highly complex gradient.

Commando

Make an ellipse big enough to contain the text that also matches up with the text arc. Fill the ellipse with a radial fill. Then powerclip it to the arched text. Problem solved.
When i was trying this, the ellipse was covering the letters in random spots. I think my Corel was glitching out. It does that alot lol.
Anyways, I kept the same ellipse, put the letters where i wanted them, and intersected. Looks great!
Thanks for all the help guys!