• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color matching 3 - jfx200 together

jdwilliams1

Yes we are looking for someone that can color match 3-JFX200 together. We paid someone recently to make the color matches but in the end they are not putting down the proper colors. Do any of you have someone that you've worked with in the past that might be able to help?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
There are a few on this forum that offer video/ video meeting based help. Might be worth reaching out to them.

To begin with, what RIP are you using? What spectrophotometer? What processes?

jdwilliams1

iPrintStuff
There are a few on this forum that offer video/ video meeting based help. Might be worth reaching out to them.

To begin with, what RIP are you using? What spectrophotometer? What processes?

Thank you for responding and please forgive me but not as up to speed with the lingo as I should be. We use rasterlink 6+ on two printers and 6 on another. What is meant by spectrophotometer and what process?

Sorry

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
So to put it simply. To colour match all your printers you’ll need to create your own profiles. On each printer.

To do this you need to do a series of prints on each printer, then scan them with a measurement tool (spectrophotometer). After about 2500 patches the printer should have a pretty good idea of it’s output.

And that’s just one print mode for one profile, on one printer. This will need to happen for every print mode, on every MEDIA, on every printer. For our Colorado we have about 20 media’s with 5 print modes each. Each print mode taking about 2 hours all in. So 2 x 5 x 20 hours! And that’s just for one printer.

For 3+ printers it’ll be a pretty time consuming process to start off. Will also potentially cost you a fair bit in buying software (such as the mimaki profile creation software - sorry, it’s name escapes me) if you want to do them yourself you’ll also need the spectro, and those aren’t cheap!

Mimaki does have the ICC profile creation software but I can’t attest to how useful it is. We use Onyx and it’s pretty straightforward.

what did the guy you paid to help do when he came in?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Rasterlink profiling can only be done with Mimaki Profile Master software, which is specific only to Mimaki and is around $2800. Depending upon how important the 3 printers color match each other and how many profiles you need, Onyx and an i1 Pro2 or i1 Pro3 might be a better long term option. The $2800 for Profile Master can go a long way towards Onyx with the built in profiling option, plus Onyx will support any other printers you have and plan to buy in the future. If you want to consider that approach, I can help you. If you want to stay with Rasterlink, I would suggest you have the person who did it before came back and make it right and don't give him any more money until you are happy. If he didn't use Mimaki Profile Master, he did not actually make a profile, as that is THE only way to profile Rasterlink.

jdwilliams1

Rasterlink profiling can only be done with Mimaki Profile Master software, which is specific only to Mimaki and is around $2800. Depending upon how important the 3 printers color match each other and how many profiles you need, Onyx and an i1 Pro2 or i1 Pro3 might be a better long term option. The $2800 for Profile Master can go a long way towards Onyx with the built in profiling option, plus Onyx will support any other printers you have and plan to buy in the future. If you want to consider that approach, I can help you. If you want to stay with Rasterlink, I would suggest you have the person who did it before came back and make it right and don't give him any more money until you are happy. If he didn't use Mimaki Profile Master, he did not actually make a profile, as that is THE only way to profile Rasterlink.

Hi Jim, I am interested, how much is Onyx?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Id also suggest getting a better RIP software for starters. +1 for Onyx thrive.
I believe you'd need Onyx Thrive 642. which is about $7000. (us)
that supports:
6 RIP engines (rips 6 images at a time)
4 Printers
2 jobs editors (job editors can be used remotely on different PCs)

Then you can get better ICC profiles made.
Onyx build in ICC profiler is very good (in good hands)
Your printers will be very close to each other in colour output especially if they're the same.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Yes we are looking for someone that can color match 3-JFX200 together.
Commercial inkjet printers are somewhat like musical instruments. Your machines will need constant attention to be kept in tune with one another. Be prepared for software, hardware (autoscan spectrophotometer), and skilled talent outlay.

jdwilliams1

Hi Jim, would love to talk do you have time to talk on the phone?

APCInk

Merchant Member
If you need someone else to come on site to help. I can most likely help. I have Mimaki Profile Master along with i1Profiler and Curve4 software in my toolbox. I am near Sandusky, Ohio. My phone number is 419-552-0194.

Thanks!
Brian Hendricks
Technican/Partner
American Print Consultants