• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Color Print Problem

doxtoby

Hello I have a Mimaki CJV 30-130 and when starting to print for the day I notice that they test pattern I print the Cyan bleeds into the Magenta after not printing for an hour. Then I get print a test pattern to clear it out and everything works fine until it sits. Anyone know what is the cause of this.
IMG_6511.jpg IMG_6512.jpg IMG_6513.jpg

Thanks

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You should do a test draw at the beginning of the day and see where the cross contamination is. It could be a bad cap. Check for any swelling of the inner area of the cap where it might be touching the bottom of the head, causing ink wicking from one channel to another. Please post a pic of the test draw so we can help you diagnose your problem.

I emphasis to my customers the importance of doing a test draw, test print, nozzle print, i.e., whatever it's called based on the brand, before starting printing for the day. The sequence should be set up media, nozzle check, and only then start printing. Saves time, material and frustration.

Andy D

I emphasis to my customers the importance of doing a test draw, test print, nozzle print, i.e., whatever it's called based on the brand, before starting printing for the day. The sequence should be set up media, nozzle check, and only then start printing. Saves time, material and frustration.

Wise advice... back in the day I had to do a test print before just about every print run.