• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color stops on Rockhopper

meris

Hi
I'm new in the sign printing business, and also on the forum. I hope to find help here and maybe to help somebody.

I have Rockhopper 62" and some strange problem with it. Have a project to print out several bigger signs (60" x 70"). It starts well with printing a sign, but after maybe 40% is done, stops to print yellow or cyan. When I cancel the print and do nozzle check, the color (yellow or cyan) is blank. So no single line of that color. I have to do all the tricks with soaking head in cleaning solution, do clean nozzles several times, etc to get the color back. And when I start to print again, same thing occurs.
Ink is getting to dumpers, so I think tubes are fine. I'm thinking that maybe connection between dumpers and head is liking and it takes air instead of ink.
Any clues, any thoughts I'd highly appreciate. The customer is all over my head so I have to make the prints ASAP, so please help ....

:banghead:

R08

I does sound like a damper to me. Even thought the ink is getting to the dampers it doesn't necessarily rule it out. I have seen it before with my 48".
I always keep spares around for this very reason.

Also, recentlyl when I changed my heads I had a similar problem and i tightened up the nuts that hold the dampers to the tubes and it fixed it.

Not sure if this helps.

Compilla

Hi

It starts well with printing a sign, but after maybe 40% is done, stops to print yellow or cyan. When I cancel the print and do nozzle check, the color (yellow or cyan) is blank.

:banghead:

It appears that you have an ink starvation issue.
Remove the top cover off and inspect the ink lines for holes/kinks or air on the lines.
Slight possibility you got a bad damper or O rings...

My 2¢