• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Colored Transparent Vinyl.

bigben

I would like to know, other than window tint product, is there any colored optically clear vinyl? Or a material that is thicker than window tint and be manipulate more like vinyl?

Thanks.

Chasez

Print your colour to optically clear? Solar Graphics has a line of coloured films but they are PET so they won't stretch etc. like vinyl. We have used them a few times and they aren't too bad to work with.

Chaz

Baz

Oracal has "Transparent" colored vinyls. It's thick but rubbery. Scratches easy if you don't put premask on it.
Works great on windows.

GJF30

Are you still looking for this item? How about this kind?

fuPJIna.jpg

Chasez

In addition to my previous post, Hexis has a line of clear coloured vinyl which you can cut etc... it is the C4000+ line. We are currently using it on a 4 floor building.

Chaz

bigben

In addition to my previous post, Hexis has a line of clear coloured vinyl which you can cut etc... it is the C4000+ line. We are currently using it on a 4 floor building.

Chaz

Cool! and is it an optically clear material or it's kinda fuzzy line the Oracal? I've went with window tint (solyx), but I would like to have something that work more like a vinyl.

Chasez

Cool! and is it an optically clear material or it's kinda fuzzy line the Oracal? I've went with window tint (solyx), but I would like to have something that work more like a vinyl.

It's pretty optically clear. We're currently using it on a large 4 floor project. Its pretty much the same as printing onto an optically clear vinyl.

Chaz

Attachments

• cristal-4-460x295.jpg
    cristal-4-460x295.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 176

bigben

It's pretty optically clear. We're currently using it on a large 4 floor project. Its pretty much the same as printing onto an optically clear vinyl.

Chaz

Great, thanks for the pictures. I will call my vendor to have some samples. I see that you are also in Canada. So I assume you've got it from all graphics supply?

GJF30

And which "kind" would that be?
Sorry, just came back from my trip to Sri Lanka :)
It is colored PVC. Almost the same texture as clear printable vinyl. This specific model uses PET liner for ultra transparent surface of the glue.

Chasez

Andy D

That's the same type of vinyl that's used to overlay on top of white reflective vinyl... adds color but stills allows the sign to be reflective.