• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colors are just wrong

OneUpTenn

I have a PrismJet 64 and about 3 weeks ago I had to take the complete printer apart and clean out the lines and a million other things to get it to print the color yellow. The lines were very clogged to say the least.

Okay so I fixed it (which I must say I was very proud of myself for actually getting it back like it was) and it was printing better than it ever had before. Just BEAUTIFUL.

Now, for some reason when I do a test print and a nozzle check it is still printing really beautiful but the colors are wrong. Its like black is printing where the cyan should be. My first thought was maybe I crossed the lines somehow but that wouldnt make sense or it wouldnt have printed as good as it did for 3 weeks.

Before I broke it down, when I did a test print there was just a blank spot where the yellow should be. Now there is no blank spot but the colors are all wrong.

Any ideas on whats causing this all of a sudden? Did someone sneak in here at night and fill my Cyan cartridge with black ink?

tandem signs

This could happen if your waste lines are clogged. This happened to me awhile ago. If the pumps have no where to send the ink they basically recycle and leak back up into the capping station. I hope its that easy for you!

OneUpTenn

Here is my nozzle check if this helps at all.

Attachments

• 2011-07-26_11-08-26_854.jpg
    2011-07-26_11-08-26_854.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 56

westpointsigns

Cross contamination?

+1

What happens if you run 3 test prints back to back? Does it clear up by the last one and start printing correctly?

I had that happen before and ultimately the sponges on the capping station were swelled up so I ended up removing them until I got a new capping station and actually ran it that way for about 3 months.

So now every once in a while I will take a lint free cloth and press it lightly on the capping station to wick away some of the excess ink that is left behind from the daily cleaning.

randya

Yes, and you still have quite a few missing or misdirected nozzles.
Head soak, head soak, head soak.

OneUpTenn

What happens if you run 3 test prints back to back? Does it clear up by the last one and start printing correctly?

No they look the same

I have recovered one nozzle since the post now I am still working on the last one. UGH I am not taking this mother apart again.

randya

Check for a leak at the damper connection.

Worn oring, too loose, too tight

Do you have bubbles in the air line from the cart to the dampers?