• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colors not lining up

I have a question about the output on my Gerber. I have created a design and applied strokes and some overlaps to take care of the small gaps that occur when printing with the edge but I am still getting them pretty bad. Is there a way to re-align the printer so when it rewinds itself it will get closer to the exact starting point? Here is a picture of the problem. You can see how far off the green is printing. Please excuse the ugly colors, I didnt want to waste the expensive foils.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 2010-06-29 17.04.50.jpg
    2010-06-29 17.04.50.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 92

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The gaps appear because you haven't allowed enough tolerance in your layout to compensate for the errors you will get when Edge printing. It will vary with the amount of foil left on each foil in relationship to the others. Gerber introduced a utility program to shift the positions starting with Omega 3 and improved it with Omega 4.

Your alternative is to just print it using CMYK instead of spot colors. By doing that you now will have percentage blending where the colors meet instead of knockouts of the spot colors. Use Classical Dot with an LPI of 70.7 and your print will look very close to spot color solids.

Mjozzie

colors off

I've gone so far as to adjust my design to compensate for colors being off. It will look bad on screen but prints great. Takes some test prints but once you get it it's on.

The gaps appear because you haven't allowed enough tolerance in your layout to compensate for the errors you will get when Edge printing. It will vary with the amount of foil left on each foil in relationship to the others. Gerber introduced a utility program to shift the positions starting with Omega 3 and improved it with Omega 4.

Your alternative is to just print it using CMYK instead of spot colors. By doing that you now will have percentage blending where the colors meet instead of knockouts of the spot colors. Use Classical Dot with an LPI of 70.7 and your print will look very close to spot color solids.

Thanks Fred, I will look in my manual about that utility. I did add a stroke to my outlines to cover some of it up, but when I start adding a thicker stroke to fill the white space I am left with not so fine outlines... LOL

I am not sure the CMYK idea will work as most of those colors will be swaped out for fluorescents or chromes. That is the reason I am trying to get it closer before I waste those foils.

thanks!

Thanks tres. I ran the utility before I had to leave for a bit and I see what needs to be done. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have a few new wraps. :D

I have to give a HUGE thanks to Dana Goodale @ Gerber. He has went above and beyond getting me workways with my new printer and I am confident that with his help I will be producing stuff that is just as good as my other printer.

Thanks again Dana! :U Rock::U Rock: