• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Come to mind recently.....................................................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There seems to be a huge increase in the number of threads about so many things going wrong with jobs here-a-late. Anything from wrong vinyls being used, to bad techniques, to not knowing what one is doing to just plain royal f*ck ups. It just amazes me at HOW MANY people are experimenting on customers vehicles, signs, boats..... whatever and screwing them up real bad. How can these people do such a half-a$$ed hack job with total confidence, they did nothing wrong..... only to defend what they did wrong and then not wanna re-do it or have it done correctly. They'd rather let the customer stew in his/her anger and just tell 'em to fug off. Why or how is it these people are ruining a trade that once took knowledge, experience and guidance to enter into..... and have just obliterated it down to a chump gig ??

People wanna talk about the old farts who are grouchy and indignant. How 'bout the younger ones who are just plain stupid and not willing to learn to do anything correctly ??

Quite frankly, I am seeing this not just in this industry, but everywhere. No one gives a rat's butt about anything anymore.

Care to discuss or debate ??

:guido:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I think you hit it. You always see more of the hacks pop up during the good times in the economy because just about any idiot can make it for awhile. Getting goods during the covid era is like getting stuck with the car the factory built on friday afternoon.
If you think this industry is bad, think about the poor folks in the taxi business. Fully insured, own their vehicles, have legal employees that they pay taxes on, workers comp, large repair shops, follow regulations etc etc and then here comes Uber.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I read some of these posts, and they almost feel like a trap, or a test. So silly it can't be a real question. But then they push back as if it is a real question - or never come back. LOL.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck....................

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Guess I fall into that old fart category. With that said, our company reprints all the time. We never "seam" a vehicle wrap unless it's absolutely necessary. Clients often ask why we don't just print the pdf as given. Uh...there are several words misspelled and it's often quicker for us to correct it without doing a bunch of back and forth. Hair got in during laminating-reprint.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I tend to agree with you Gino. I've seen a lot of stupid printer questions lately, especially ones that I've already answered recently, then the next day, someone else is asking the same one again, too lazy to read the forums or search, I guess. In regards to you mentioning that it isn't just the sign industry but many, I really agree there, especially with Graphic Designers, I went to school for this and I've been in the industry for over a decade, but it seems these days every tom dick and harry thinks their a designer, and that's why you have so much crap out there, that I'd be ashamed if I put it out. I spent many years learning my trade with many different mentors to get to where I am, I believe everyone should learn this way and not think they can just jump over everything.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm still trying to come up with a logo. I really don't think a rainbow will work anymore. Too confining.

1661808114518.png

Besides, beard hairs can look just like pubies. Ahhhh......................

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I learned something new today. I did not know some of these shapes actually had a meaning. Maybe the ancient Hieroglyphics had more meanings than we know.
1661808630005.png

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
There seems to be a huge increase in the number of threads about so many things going wrong with jobs here-a-late. Anything from wrong vinyls being used, to bad techniques, to not knowing what one is doing to just plain royal f*ck ups. It just amazes me at HOW MANY people are experimenting on customers vehicles, signs, boats..... whatever and screwing them up real bad. How can these people do such a half-a$$ed hack job with total confidence, they did nothing wrong..... only to defend what they did wrong and then not wanna re-do it or have it done correctly. They'd rather let the customer stew in his/her anger and just tell 'em to fug off. Why or how is it these people are ruining a trade that once took knowledge, experience and guidance to enter into..... and have just obliterated it down to a chump gig ??

People wanna talk about the old farts who are grouchy and indignant. How 'bout the younger ones who are just plain stupid and not willing to learn to do anything correctly ??

Quite frankly, I am seeing this not just in this industry, but everywhere. No one gives a rat's butt about anything anymore.

Care to discuss or debate ??

:guido:
Gino Careless listening is at the core of "so many things going wrong...."

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Demigender? Like, not full gender? Like Heracles? Like you're born super strong because your dad was a gender and your mom was notareal's wife?

Ya know what, to hell with it, making my own gender. I've submitted paperwork to gino for a new card.

View attachment 161223
that hole in your hand should come in handy - see that?
really though, carpal tunnel is not a laughing matter