• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Communication is the key

mark in tx

I asked another company in town to hang a banner for me, they have the truck with the reach.
I told them the name of the business to hang the banner at.

Next day, I find out the banner was hung somewhere else.
At my customers biggest competitor.

ouch.

So, written instructions, with a diagram, circles, arrows, and color 8x10 glossy are in my future.

njsigns

I just made some RTA graphics for a guy I've done quite a bit of work for before, he said "just make them the same as last time" - so I made them the same as last time. Then he calls me and says "hey white doesn't work on white" - I say "what are you talking about?" - well he has 5 red trucks, which is what we lettered last time - the one he wanted lettering for this time is white - I sent him white lettering, which is exactly "the same as last time"... so I'd have to agree communication is key.

Gene

UFB Fabrication

Why folks dont submit proofs , sign offs and written work orders is beyond me. A few minutes could save both parties money and keep from creating ill will.

TheSnowman

Also, never rely on anyone but yourself. My guess is, next time you will probably meet them over there when they start the job. Whenever I sub out sign installation I meet the sub there early before they start digging, or whatever they are doing, just so that I know we are both on the same page. I have a hunch, you will too!