• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Concrete Floor Graphics

okeesignguy

A local school is requesting some alligator mascot floor graphics to be on concrete sidewalks to mark where kids are supposed to stand to be socially distanced...

I hear there is vinyl that is used for that but have never used it...

We have done regular floor graphics and used a heavy duty laminate for that...
Vector Floor Overlam 6M gloss...VOL280054150....

I also need some tips for the install...

I appreciate any help given...

Reveal1

Been using a bunch of Pano Walk in Wall or Briteline Multigrip. textured, no lam needed, easy contour cut, fabric back removable adhesive good on semi rough surface, smooth tile, even low nap carpet. Just be aware any adhesive can leave a stain if used on unsealed concrete for extended period. Lidco gold felt squegee for small decals, low nap paint roller or rubber roller for larger.

okeesignguy

Thanx for the help :)
Looking at these products it seems as tho anything on concrete, especially in Florida is really temporary...around 3 months?
Really surprised at no need for laminate...
It is too early to start calling right now but it looks as tho availability might be a problem right now...
I deal with Grimco a lot and it appears as tho they sell their own brand of Walk-n-wall called TexWalk?

Reveal1

Their (Grimco) private label is Briteline Multigrip, well priced and larger roll (100') but backordered as of this week. . Glantz has a lot of Walk N Wall in stock as of Monday , but at gouge-level prices, they are often flexible on pricing so you may be able to negotiate. I bought a roll of 48"X80ft Walk N Wall this week from Fellers for about $130 less. I have samples of WalkN Wall on my concrete entrance outside my south facing office. Been there since February and looks good as new through ice and now 100 degree heat. Printed with HP Latex. Tip, be sure to contour cut shapes with large rounded corners to discourage lifting. Keep in mind that those decals get traffic, but you are talking a 7-10" decal in most cases on a large floor. So not like someone is on it constantly and if it does wear, sell a few spares to replace. I mention that up front and customers totally get it.

okeesignguy

Their (Grimco) private label is Briteline Multigrip, well priced and larger roll (100') but backordered as of this week. . Glantz has a lot of Walk N Wall in stock as of Monday , but at gouge-level prices, they are often flexible on pricing so you may be able to negotiate. I bought a roll of 48"X80ft Walk N Wall this week from Fellers for about $130 less. I have samples of WalkN Wall on my concrete entrance outside my south facing office. Been there since February and looks good as new through ice and now 100 degree heat. Printed with HP Latex. Tip, be sure to contour cut shapes with large rounded corners to discourage lifting. Keep in mind that those decals get traffic, but you are talking a 7-10" decal in most cases on a large floor. So not like someone is on it constantly and if it does wear, sell a few spares to replace. I mention that up front and customers totally get it.
Great info...thanx...
As far as traffic goes, these will be for social distancing young children at school so they will be "stood on" constantly...
Their video says to only expect 3 months...that's not enough to justify the money...
You say yours lasted so it's hard for me to give them a good idea on life expectantcy...
Thank you!

MStavreff

okeesignguy I am guessing you got your answer already. I just saw this. Have you seen 3M™ Scotchcal™ Graphic Film 3662 with 3M™ Scotchcal™ Matte Overlaminate 3647 ? This is designed for outdoor concrete/asphalt surfaces.