• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Condensing length of text on a path

GoodPeopleFlags

I have text on a circle path and I need to shrink the length only of the text - not the height. I can grab the little white squares on each end and move the text around the circle but I can't figure out how to condense it. Is that possible? Or is it really easy and I'm just having a stupid moment? Seems like I've done it before...

MikePro

type control window

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 10.21.49 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 10.21.49 AM.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 73

MikeD

have you tried adjusting the kerning?
I think the handles you're referring to adjust the starting point around the circle and position on circle (inside the path, or outside the path.)
Good Luck!

WI

Check the flyout menu on the upper right corner of your character palette. See if "Show Options" is the first item. If it is, click on that and it should show you the widgets to adjust the width and height of live text.

CES020

Not sure which command it is on the PC, but on the Mac (you asked about Mac in a previous thread, so I'm assuming you're using that), if you put your cursor in between letters or words, and hold down the option key, you can hit the right or left area to adjust each letter or word space. It's manual kerning, essentially. Works really well.