• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Conformable reflective

Billct2

I have a client that wants black reflective on their food truck. We work with reflective a lot, but this will be the first time I've had to go over any rivets.
So I was going to try 3M 5100 conformable reflective. Has anyone used it successfully over rivets?
Thanks

Zac

Mediocre Designer
Used Oracal and 3M with great results, just expensive as hell.

I used MacTac last time we needed a conformable reflective and it worked great.

ikarasu

Which 3M did you use Strickly?

We Use 3M 680 here. Wrapped hundreds of hydro/electrical boxes... which have rivets, non removable bolts, etc. It's probably the most conformable stuff I've used... you'll have no problem with it. But as others have said...expensive as heck. It's really good vinyl though, you can't go wrong with it (Cost permitting). so if your customer will pay for it... I'd suggest that.

printhog

For spot color conformable 3M 680 is the right choice. For print I use Nikkalite. Equally as soft and pliable, but cheaper and has a very low ink usage. Ask your Nikkalite rep for them proper series for your printer technology. Longevity of Nikkalite with a 3M premium laminate is over 8 years. Longevity of 3M 680 is almost 12 years. So don't expect them to reorder..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Actually 3M recently released 780CR and it is far superior to 680CR. It doesn't bruise nearly as easy, more conformable and reflects from a wider angle.

jfiscus

Rap Master
yeah, have your local 3M rep send you a sample roll of 3M IJ780MC over. Awesome stuff. We've always used IJ680CVR-10, but the new MC materials are awesome.