• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Contour Cut with singlab 10

Jarrod Feucht

I will start by apologizing. I have always wanted to do this kind of work and this year I threw all I had into what I needed to make it happen. I have no schooling or any real training with this stuff but I do sit down here late late nights pushing buttons and drawing, needless to say I have been throwing a few wireless mouses around lol But I have sign lab 10 and When someone sends an email of there image I can not get it to contour cut around it only the square around it. Is this an easy process or what I'm I missing? I thought I had it one night but I couldn't replicate it again.. I am despite and would greatly appreciate any kind of help. Everyone says watch videos but sign lab doesn't have the vids that I need and everyone around here either has flexi or adobe.....I greatly appreciate it!!

Roland SG-540
Royal Sovereign RSC-1402HW
Signlab 10

BobM

You can only contour cut a vector. I don't have Signlab on this computer but you must first import the file, then double click on it and postirize it. Then vectorize it. Ungroup, remove the "square" then contour cut it.
Gent the Signlab book out and read about positerization etc.

jjh781

I will start by apologizing. I have always wanted to do this kind of work and this year I threw all I had into what I needed to make it happen. I have no schooling or any real training with this stuff but I do sit down here late late nights pushing buttons and drawing, needless to say I have been throwing a few wireless mouses around lol But I have sign lab 10 and When someone sends an email of there image I can not get it to contour cut around it only the square around it. Is this an easy process or what I'm I missing? I thought I had it one night but I couldn't replicate it again.. I am despite and would greatly appreciate any kind of help. Everyone says watch videos but sign lab doesn't have the vids that I need and everyone around here either has flexi or adobe.....I greatly appreciate it!!

Roland SG-540
Royal Sovereign RSC-1402HW
Signlab 10[/QUOTe

Make sure when you go into the contour cut setup screen that the bitmap frame box isn't checked. As Bobm said this works best with vector art, but if you have a good enough jpeg file you can do it also. You may have to adjust the monochrome filter to get the contour to where you want it.

Good luck.

Jarrod Feucht

You can only contour cut a vector. I don't have Signlab on this computer but you must first import the file, then double click on it and postirize it. Then vectorize it. Ungroup, remove the "square" then contour cut it.
Gent the Signlab book out and read about positerization etc.

My signlab book was about 8 pages long, not long enough to explain any part of its program. Every single person says watch YouTube but signlab doesn't have videos for dummies. My problem starts with the company I bought everything from, there is no service and the info they gave me is short and worthless. I will keep playing around with the info you gave and go from there so I greatly appreciate your help!

BUCKY

One way to do it that is pretty quick.

Take your photo.
With the shape tool draw a shape over the area you want to Contour Cut. (I usually draw a quick square).
Select the square and Click Arrange-Convert to Polygon.
Double click and edit the nodes to the exact shape you want cut out.
After that select the photo and the shape together, click Arrange-Clipping-Clipping or just hit Alt C.
Then add the Contour Cut (adjusting the Monochrome filter as needed to black or white). You may have to play with that a little to get it perfect depending on your colors in the photo.
After that you should be able to print that and Contour Cut it.

Milo

Your raster image can be contour cut. The thing with Signlab is you have to know where the tools are! Select your image and go to the contour cut command. (One thing I do before this step is to use Fluid Mask to get rid of anything on the image that you don't want). Now on contour cut command, there are options at the top left. Bitmap outline only traces outside the bitmap creating a square. Select the one that says inside/outside. When you hit apply, another window pops up with a slider button that controls how detailed you want the trace to be. Slide it all the way to the right, and apply. This will give you the contour cut. Just practice with a few of the options, and see if it gives you what you want.

Milo