• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cutting Coro

Farmboy

Was at the mall a few days ago and one of the stores had a digi sign that had been cut around the design. Looks like who ever did it hired some rats to gnaw the coro into shape. We had a customer in here yesterday looking for something similar. They went with a banner and stand instead. Any way to do this besides an x-acto...or rats.

Farmboy

Thanks. I have one. Tried a small hand held years ago. It was made for drywall. Didn't work so hot on coro.

Farmboy

Must be. Cause I just tried my hand held router and the coro looks like it needs a hair cut along the cut edge. Pat, if I had alot to do I would consider the gophers as they are slightly larger than some rats and could knock the work out quicker. Beavers which are larger yet, have unions and I don't want to get involved in that.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Cutawl. The tool specifically designed for this job. Failing that, a band saw or, third choice, a scroll saw. Using a router for this is swatting flies with a sledgehammer.

dman0427

I'm just reiterating the statements about routed coro. I thought it would work fine, but then I tried it. For some reason it doesn't leave a clean edge.

I think they make a big blade for my machine to cut thick materials, kind of like a flat bed plotter. That would probably work better.

zmatalucci

I go old school... Brand new #11 x-acto blade,,, replaced every time the point breaks.
I get excellent results!

Sticky Signs

haha Beaver union. I think my wife is member because all the work stops at coffee time and lunch time. Don't even ask about overtime....
Try putting some pre-mask on the coro before you cut. Sometimes that helps. Sandpaper is also pretty good at giving a "hair cut". Beaver Union...lol