• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cutting Perforated Window Film

printman716

I have a 7000 and purchased some Perforated Window Film. the problem is when i print the image and the cut marks don't show up around the holes and the cutter has troble reading the marks...I'm getting by by puting down white vinyl were the marks print but there has to be a better way...Please let me know...Phil @ printman716@aol.com

iSign

if you have a need to cut perf... your method sounds easy enough.

You are printing registration marks on white & then applying those right over the hard to see ones that were printed along with your graphics right?

I don't see there being much better ways to come up with

Rod

SignLab has a See Through Sign Wizard to create perforations

printman716 said:
I have a 7000 and purchased some Perforated Window Film. the problem is when i print the image and the cut marks don't show up around the holes and the cutter has troble reading the marks...I'm getting by by puting down white vinyl were the marks print but there has to be a better way

Just so people are aware of what is available, SignLab 7.1 has a See Through Sign Wizard that will create a perforated design for printing to clear transparent media. The benefits are as follows:
  • Does not require a precut perforation. Just print to clear transparent media.
  • Since there is no cut perforation, there is no dirt accumulation in holes.
  • Choose the performation pattern and size of pattern. So could go with circles, squares, diamond, etc., or even a custom pattern.
  • The printed design can include a 2nd design that would be visible from the other side (so you have different images visible on each side).
  • Your choice of primer/underbase for the design (or between the 2 designs) to prevent show through.
So in a case like Phil is describing, the registration marks would be placed outside the perforated area for use by the cutter.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

Rod

See Through Sign Wizard - SignLab 7.1 build 5 is what you want

NBaessler said:
Rod,

Give us more detail.

What version? Any upgrade costs etc. etc?

Thanks

Neal Baessler
Graphtec

Sorry, I made assumption that info was easy to get. For further descriptions of the See Through Sign Wizard:
  1. Go to http://www.cadlink.com/
  2. Along the top menu, choose Products >> SignLab.
  3. Along the left menu, choose What's New.
  4. The page here provides an intro for the See Through Sign Wizard, and you can click the link to see photos of mounted work.
With respect to upgrades, you will want the latest SignLab 7.1 build 5, which has just been released.

For upgrade costs etc., contact either CADlink Sales or your local dealer. Make sure you have a short list of your equipment and software, so that they can correctly understand your setup and provide accurate information.

Regards,

Rod at CADlink