• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour mark scan speed

rydods

Member for quite some time.
I recently purchased a used Graphtec FC 9000-160 and it's very slow scanning from contour cut mark to mark. Is there any way to increase this speed? We previously had an FC-8600-160 54" and the scanning speed was much faster.

rydods

Something must be wrong then because the cutting speed is quite fast as well as moving from position to position on the roll. Just from mark to mark before it starts the cutting process, it's painfully slow.

rydods

In the ARMS menu on the machine there is a sensing speed option. might be what you're looking for...
Tried this right away and it was at the highest setting even tried the lowest setting thinking maybe it was backwards and still scans the same speed. I can't think of another setting on the machine to try. I've also reached out to Graphtec but haven't heard back. I'll assume that because it's used, there won't be any service.

netsol

slow in initial sensing of position? slow in moving from mark to mark?
or both? i am wondering if slow means a lot of retry of reading scan marks.

rydods

slow in initial sensing of position? slow in moving from mark to mark?
or both? i am wondering if slow means a lot of retry of reading scan marks.
Slow from mark to mark. Has no problem detecting the marks.

rydods

Update...I increased the speed in "condition" on the cutter itself and it worked. We were using Flexi to override the speed but I think the cutter was using the onboard speed for the mark detection.