• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

convex vinyl?

gabagoo

Has anyone heard of convex vinyl...seems like a company that sells specialty vinyls for motocross etc... I am curious to know if they rebrand exisiting vinyl or do they actually mfgr their own line.

MrWrightNow

I've looked into them. Great product but really expensive. I'm using products from "Substance Incorporated" this year. You might want to look them up to compare.

gabagoo

I'm pretty sure they're the originators of that type of material...although I've never seen or used the stuff.

ND sells it.... ask them how much it is lol. :omg:

Thanks will do.... I suppose I can remortgage my house for a sample roll doh

DecalDoCtorz

For our dirtbike, snowboard, ski, sxs, sled, atv graphics all we use is the Convex. Love it.

It's pricy but I do get a pretty good deal on the stuff if someone needs some. However, in Canada I'm probably still paying more than you USA folk! :)

6mil print stock with the 12mil Pro Shield. It stands up great.

MrSalumi

For our dirtbike, snowboard, ski, sxs, sled, atv graphics all we use is the Convex. Love it.

It's pricy but I do get a pretty good deal on the stuff if someone needs some. However, in Canada I'm probably still paying more than you USA folk! :)

6mil print stock with the 12mil Pro Shield. It stands up great.

I use the same setup with the 6mil+12mil and it works great. The material is made for low energy substrates like the plastics on MX bikes.. Pricey but wonderful to use!

DizzyMarkus

At that thickness what are you guys cutting it with? -- I tried some 12 mill and had issues cutting it on a roland sp300v

thank you,
Markus

chillGMS

The CONVEX System is the highest quality materials available.

If you purchase the products as kits the pricing is greatly reduced.

robwaterman

I'm currently using the 4mil gearwrap and 4mil laminate for decals for athletic equipment. It's being put on by customers, and end user application needs to be as pain free as possible. barely even needs heat to get put on wrinkle free. miraculous stuff!

a lower cost alternative would be great, but I feel like I've read on a thread that like most things, you'll switch to the cheap stuff, it'll frustrate, then you'll come right back to the convex.

reQ

Same here, using substance combo: Ultracurve X2 + Ultracurve 1000 overlam. Amazing stuff, print well with supplied profile, cuts & stick superb. Would strongly recommend that material.