• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cop car fire truck price

Willmac1.wm

So what would you guys charge. For cut out weed mask and install. The material and masking will be provided by the Township. The cop car has two color black and gold on both doors. It has white reflective unit number on front fenders and trunk. An emergency 911 decal on back fenders. The trunk has a unit number the words police in three inch letters and a Web adress 15 letters long 2 inch tall and 2 foot wide all in white reflective.
The fire truck is gold leaf pinstripe decal pre-made. The arrow heads are made by me with gold leaf and black. The white pinstripe was cut on the plotter. The letters and numbers are tricky it's hard to see them but they have three layers. A black background a white layer that extends just past the gold as a highlight "wish I would trust my self with a pinstripe brush and white paint" then engine turned gold lief on top, I think I got the pinstripe and gold leaf from Real Gold.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 94

jfiscus

Rap Master
for install only I would just charge hourly.
Shouldn't matter for pricing what the materials are if you're doing install only.

your post is confusing, are they providing the graphics or you? It seems like kinda both of you are?

OldPaint

pertty well dont matter.........unless you aint got paid yet)))) the job is done, you must gave them some price........before they said ok do it!!!! and if you went to low just to get the job...........tough dodoo.......cant change quotes.(and stay in business)
situations like this...
1. THE FIRE DEPT PAYS FOR THE GOLD LEAF MATERIAL(RETAIL)
2. YOU CHARGE THEM FOR INSTALL TIME.
3. doing the 2 above, will get you well covered for materials and time.
so if you QUICK at installing ............you can make some money. what i see..........on the fire truck(for install) 2-4 hours NO MORE. its all simple straight stuff.
police car........same amount of time 2-4 hours...max.........over that, you need more practice))))
for money, what your time worth????? the least, and like i say if your fast......$250-300 each......if you get 4 hours in each, thats eight hours(whole day)to do 2 simple installs.i think your out of luck getting them to pay $300 or more for each vehicle.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What he said.
Take your hourly rate times your time. Those little incidentals can't be too hard to figure out on top of it all.

They are rather simple and look like maybe 3 hours total for the cop vehicle and maybe 2 hours for the fire vehicle. That includes cutting, weeding, taping up and applying.