• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help corel 6 output rgb colors

jason91

Seems no matter what color management settings i select in x6.. my rgb greys and spot color greys are way off (redish). all my cmyk stuff is fine... my rgb exports worked perfectly when i exported them in x3 to my roland.. ive selected simulate color management off and simulate corel x4 verison.. all the same result...and suggestions please

jason91

What are you exporting to? PDF, EPS?
You have a dialogue box that pops up if its for eps, that controls a bunch of stuff. I think x3 had the same thing. You are probably converting RGB to CMYK on export...
eps...ive tried cmyk and rgb..both print the same

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Seems no matter what color management settings i select in x6.. my rgb greys and spot color greys are way off (redish). all my cmyk stuff is fine... my rgb exports worked perfectly when i exported them in x3 to my roland.. ive selected simulate color management off and simulate corel x4 verison.. all the same result...and suggestions please
Are you familiar with the process of calibrating your machine and verify the calibration by simply comparing known sample prints?

garyroy

I frequently export Gray eps images to my Roland VP540i. They come out really nice.
I use what's called Cool Gray on the Pantone pallet.
It's down around the 400's. Try printing a test print of Pantone, Cool Gray numbers 1-11 and see how those look. Should take you about 3 minutes to do.
I'm using Corel X6.

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
I have a Roland SC540 and use CorelX7. In the past all my grey colors started printing with a green tint to them. I had a tech guy come in and calibrate the printer and profiles and it went back to printing greys fine.
I think he said it was linearization on my Roland Printer he calibrated.

jason91

It printed fine outta corel X3...the profile on my printer shouldnt be the issue because the profiles are color calibrated inside versaworks.. It has no reflection of outside software...it printer perfect in x3 with the same versaworks profile....i think it has something to do with x6 color management and the way its exported... ive tried exporting and changing color management settings a million different ways.. it still all prints the same way.

jason91

Heck, just upload a cdr and a pdf from both x3 and x6. Just a square with a color that you've had this issue with. I'd be happy to see what I find.
the problem is all my rgb greys are off ...see what you get when u export and print

Attachments

• colorpalette.pdf
    376.3 KB · Views: 211

jason91

This is odd. When I import it into corelx6 here, then back out with my own pdf setup, the colors show in the rip as the values listed in corel, mostly blacks. Your pdf on the other hand, comes out as combinations of colors. Here is my PDF.
hmm dont understand what your saying? does my pdf show up as RGB blacks 10%-50% and a couple of spot colors(boxes) with a couple of blues? if so export it out of corel x6 as a eps.. import it into versaworks or your rip software and print it ...see if those greys are reddish ..thank you

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Always best to use Pantone colors and export for print as pdf. Just let corel pick the nearest pantone gray then publish to pdf

jason91

I tried exported just like you posted and it still prints all my greys wrong? I have no clue what the problem is?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
General tab - Acrobat 9.0

upload_2020-9-29_15-54-12.png
upload_2020-9-29_15-56-1.png

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Really, compress text and line art? I find that one butchers, horrendously butchers, all vector art. Could just be an artifact with the copy of corel 2019 they keep trying to use around here...

Not sure what relevance that is anyway since fonts are being converted. I could probably uncheck that and never notice any difference. My thought was that it reduced the file size but never really tested that theory.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
the problem is all my rgb greys are off ...see what you get when u export and print
I've examined your "colorpalette.pdf" file and found it to be fine with neutral grays.

I'll ask again as I did in post #6; "Are you familiar with the process of calibrating your machine?"

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Here's a recent example I had to fix...
Seriously doubt that the text was caused by the "Compress text and line art" option
As for the image being "chopped". That usually happens when saving a large raster to pdf. Sometimes it can be fixed by selecting all those bitmaps and do a "create bitmap" to "flatten" it.