• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel 9 and font /design help needed asap

TC49010

I made a design on this pc in corel draw 9 text and clip art, saved to a disk and took to other pc with corel 9 and tried open it. The fonts I used here I had to install on that pc, no problem but I am still getting:

Missing Font:
Humans521 LTBT-Normal
Wingdings 2-Normal

I have looked in my windows font folder and they are not there, but one is in the corel folder (the humanst521 LTBT-Normal) and I have no clue where to find the Windings 2-Normal at.

I am really confused and need help!! I need to get this design cut and have no clue where to find what is missing.

Thanks for any help!!
Trixie

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I think Windings 2 is a standard MS Windows/Office font, isn't it?

CorelDRAW sometimes puts its symbol fonts into a separate "symbols" fonts folder rather than putting them into the letter folders on the CD. Check for the font in that symbols folder. If you can't find it there, just go into the C:Windows\Fonts folder and copy it from there to a disc and take it over to the other machine.

I should also point out Corel will often issue font substitution notices when different formats of fonts are used on one machine to another. This could be the real problem. Older PCs have the Windings fonts stored in True Type format. New WinXP machines feature the fonts in OpenType format (containing True Type outlines).

TC49010

I went to the windows folder and looked harder and wahla!!!
The font I used is Mirror for above and below the design and in wire frame view you can see little didits at the beginning of each word that dont show up in enhanched view. Never had this issue so fiure it has to be because I was playing with a new font.
I just cut the design and the little didits dont show up..whew!!
Thanks for the fast response! Much appreciated!
Trixie

iSign

also if you are done typesetting & spellchecking a job that you need to take, or send, elsewhere... get in the habit of saving a second production file with all text converted to outlines. This will save you many future setbacks like the one being discussed.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Agreed.

I simply got into the habit of converting all type to outlines once I was satisfied with the layout. As long as standard sizing is applied (making letters in round dimensions like 1", 1 1/2", etc. instead of eyeballing it to something like .9857") it is relatively easy to go back and make changes even after text has been converted to outlines.

Too often as drawing programs and sign making programs progress through different versions, subtle changes can be made to how they treat letter spacing, line breaks in paragraphs, text on path effects and more. I've pulled up old CorelDRAW 5 files that had text on path effects that looked good in the original layout but went wonky in CorelDRAW 9.

It's also a pain when moving layouts between numerous machines for production. No two machines are going to have the same sets of fonts installed, even in their default installations.